The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  VLC player and BIAB files
George Rout

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2017 1:21 pm    

Some how I have VLC player on my computer. Like everything else these days, it's seems to be intrusive.

When I take some BB files, they are already VLC files which open with RAR, but then I try to "open with BIAB", it doesn't seem to work. Can I delete VLC player off my computer with losing my BB files. The VLC player works well with a lot of files but I'd like to keep it out of the BIAB program.

Any suggestions??????
Thanks
Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"

Joe Wheeler

Marion Louisiana Union
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2017 1:02 am     Vlc

I have VLC on my computer and use it a lot with no problem . Try right clicking on your biab file and choose open with biab.exe . There should be an always open using this file option when you right click on the biab file . Make sure you enable this . I think this might help.

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2017 4:03 am    

Georg:
Files with the extension .rar are compressed files, much like Winzip. They will not open in BIAB.

George Rout

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2017 5:04 am    

Thank you Joe and to Graham who just appeared. I understand that RAR and Winzip are compressed files, but like Joe says, I should open the files with biab.exe. I think that's my problem, my biab.exe file has disappeared. I think all the files were Winzip, and I could put a collection of BB files into a folder of Winzip and send them to somebody. What I end up with now is a folder of files that show the BB extensions (MGH etc), but the icons are not BB but something I don't recognize but maybe are RAR.

Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"