The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  On-Board Batteries in Effects Units
William Kendrick

Bedford Heights, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2017 3:44 pm    

I have 3 effects units - Lexicon MPX100 Dual Channel Processor, Lexicon MX200 Dual Channel Processor, and Roland GX-700 Guitar Effects Processor. I don't want to take the cover off of these unless I have to. Do any of them have an on-board battery that needs to be checked for leakage? Thanks. Bill.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2017 6:34 pm    

I don't know about the Lexicon units, but I'm sure the GX700 has a memory backup battery. I have the similar unit SX700. The battery is a coin sized lithium like maybe cr2032. I'm not sure which one it is, but it's a common size and value and will be marked somewhere. Find out which one before you remove it and have the new one ready to slip in. The manual tells you to take the unit to an authorized repair center for this, but it's a quick and easy replacement you can diy. These units came out in the mid 90's, so you should definitely replace it if it hasn't been already.

They just slip in a holder, so no trouble to change out after removing the cover.
To make sure not to lose preset memory, I swap the battery with the unit powered up.

I've done this with all my other Boss/Roland processors, GP100, SE70 and others too...

Your Lex manuals might tell you about batteries. If you don't have the manuals you can view and/or download them here: www.manualslib.com

William Kendrick

Bedford Heights, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2017 6:43 pm    

Thanks, Jerry.
1979 Emmons D-10 P/P 8X5, Lawrence L-710 Pickups, Li'l Izzy, Telonics Volume Pedal, Goodrich Super Sustain Matchbox, Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb Effects Processor, Peavey Vegas 400 Amplifier with BW Speaker.