The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MASGA spring event and jam session Denton NC LOCATION CHANGE
Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2016 3:52 pm    

Thanks to all the players and helpers that made the show a great one.
The music was the best I have witnessed in all the shows I have been to.

we hope to put together another show in the near future.

MASGA will be having a event in spring of 2017. Russ Hicks will be Playing his Pedal steel. Should be a great Show.
NOTICE due to the large response for this event we have had to move the event to a larger building to have room for all that say they are coming.
April 29th 9:30 AM-3:00 Pm In Denton NC
See bottom of this post for address. Eddie Drye and Myself are putting this together. Eddie is the MASGA pres.
Any players are welcome to come and Play your steel. Dobro players and Lap steel players are welcome as well.
Come join us in Denton NC for the spring steel event. Admission is $10.00 per person.
Bring your Backing Tracks.
If you have steel related items you want to offer for sale bring them to the show. Their will be tables you can setup and display your items to sell $10.00 per table to set up to sell.
Please let us know if you would like to come and join us. UPDATE event will be April 29th at Southern Theater & Events Center 18639-S-NC-Hwy-109 Denton NC 27239. Doors open at 9:30AM till 3 PM.
For more info call Jimmie Hudson 704-986-6481
The day of event for more directions if needed the event center # 336-859-4332
Link to webpage for MASGA Copy and paste to your browser http://avoli.com/work/masga/
Thanks,
Jimmie Hudson
This Steel Guitar will be at Show.
Try it at the show. It will be for sale at the show.
$1695.00 with hardcase.

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 8 May 2017 7:50 pm; edited 16 times in total

George Brown

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2016 7:13 pm    

I am very interested Jimmie...I'll be watching for further Info.....

George Brown

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2016 6:57 pm     Jam

Would love to come and join in, can't speak for him, but I'm sure my brother Johnny would love to come as well. Thanks for the work putting it together for all of us.

John Swain

Winchester, Va
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 6:24 am    

Sounds great, Jimmie! Thanks for doing this.

Johnny Howington

Lillington, NC
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 7:11 am     Jam

Depending on date and time I would love to come and be a part of this jam. Look forward to spending the day listening to some steel guitar playing. Thanks to you guys for putting this together. Hope to see you all soon!!

Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 9:57 am     Information

Was very glad to learn that MASGA will be up and running again, Thanks to Eddy and Jimmy, look fwd to being there when scheduled, talked to Mike Calliway, he plans to be there

Authorized Dealer For" LIVESTEEL" Steel Guitar Strings. Email rthomas17@nc.rr.com call or text 919-920-5482,Click here for detailed Information http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=308704

Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email

Glen E. Lanning

La Grange, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2016 6:04 pm    

Depending on the date, I would love to be there!
Peavey Session 400 Limited/Nashville 1000/Zoom RFX-2000/Peavey EQ-215 Equalizer/Nashville 112

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 6:17 am    

If Anna and I are Still hear in North Carolina when you have this event We would love to be there I will bring my Johnson Resenator and my 8 String Lap Steel Tuned C-6. I will need direction to the MASGA Show that I'm still a member of.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Chuck Campbell

Manassas, VA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 7:07 am    

Will try to come depending on date.

Ollin Landers

Willow Springs, NC
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 1:27 pm    

I have only been able to get to one of these shows.

I'm hoping I can be at the next one.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2016 5:01 pm     Suggestion only

To all steel players, steel guitar lovers, and just plain friends. Not trying to get into anyone's business, and especially not everyone's. This is just what came to my mind when I read all the post here.
This is so far out into next year I propose that we all get with our bands ahead of time (now) and let them know that we have this scheduled and would like to request that this one day out of 365 be given to support our instrument and the continuous improvement of its use for all purposes. All that is needed is to book other dates and leave this one open for all of us to help support this event. Supporting the steel guitar is just as important as supporting your bands all year long, and it's only one day a year. It's a lot of hard work for these guys and gals and then have no one (or very few) show up when supporting it ahead of time could be very easily done, simply by working together to book your band appropriately to share the off time that all bands have. Maybe by doing this we can put some life back into these shows that would make everyone want to come back and share friendship and steel guitar like we use to do. Maybe if this does work we can put together a post schedule for 3-4 shows a year that would mix with our band leaders groups to help promote the steel guitar for years to come. Maybe be could book some of these bands to even come out with us and share their music instead of having to pay all the high cost of employing bands to come play a few hours.
Please take this positive and just think about it, post your comments back on here and lets get our instrument back in the "lime-light" of country music.
Allen Howington

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2016 2:53 pm    

Allen I go along with you 100% and you guys have to keep the Steel Guitar alive and running. Like I said if Anna and I are still here by time it is ready we will be there.Hey I'll be 80 come this coming Sunday and I'm ready to roll.
Sam & Anna White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Allen Howington

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2016 1:11 pm     ttt

ttt

Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 28 Nov 2016 5:24 pm     Masga Jam

Allen, sure appreciate your words concerning the spring jam, lets keep this deal on the front burner, We have three to four months so now is the time to start, Albemarle NC, exact date and specific placed TBA. Call all the steel players you know

Authorized Dealer For" LIVESTEEL" Steel Guitar Strings. Email rthomas17@nc.rr.com or call or text 919-920-5482,Click here for detailed Information http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=308704

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2016 4:54 pm     Re: MASGA spring event and jam session

9:30AM till 3 PM.

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 23 Jan 2017 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2016 7:20 am    

Hi Jimmy If I'm still here in North Carolina when you have that Steel Guitar Show count me in. Anna and I will be there. I will be playing my Dyna lap Lap Steel that was built by Mark Vinsbury up in Rhode Island who is a cabinet builder and had to give up building them as he had to much Cabinet work to build.I will also bring my Johnson Dobro. Also we will need Directions to the Steel Show as we live in Willow spring N.C. and it is a drive.We use to go to to the ones they had in Charrolet.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2016 7:20 am    

Hi Jimmy If I'm still here in North Carolina when you have that Steel Guitar Show count me in. Anna and I will be there. I will be playing my Dyna lap Lap Steel that was built by Mark Vinsbury up in Rhode Island who is a cabinet builder and had to give up building them as he had to much Cabinet work to build.I will also bring my Johnson Dobro. Also we will need Directions to the Steel Show as we live in Willow spring N.C. and it is a drive.We use to go to to the ones they had in Charrolet.
Sam White

Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2016 7:26 am     Directions

Sam, I will help with directions, Albemarle is very close to where I was born and grew up, some question the term "grew up"

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2016 1:34 pm     ttt

ttt

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 23 Jan 2017 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2016 7:32 pm     ttt

ttt

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 31 Dec 2016 5:16 pm     ttt

ttt

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2017 5:16 pm    

[quote

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2017 5:16 pm    

[quote

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2017 1:16 pm     Re: Information

Ray Thomas wrote:
Was very glad to learn that MASGA will be up and running again, Thanks to Eddy and Jimmy, look fwd to being there when scheduled, talked to Mike Calliway, he plans to be there

Authorized Dealer For" LIVESTEEL" Steel Guitar Strings. Email rthomas17@nc.rr.com call or text 919-920-5482,Click here for detailed Information http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=308704

Post Posted 11 Nov 2016 3:52pm Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
MASGA will be having a event in spring of 2017.
NOTICE due to the large response for this event we have had to move the event to a larger building to have room for all that say they are coming.
April 29th 9:30 AM-3:00 Pm In Denton NC
See bottom of this post for address. Eddie Drye and Myself are putting this together. Eddie is the MASGA pres.
Any players are welcome to come and Play your steel. Dobro players and Lap steel players are welcome as well.
Come join us in Denton NC for the spring steel event. Admission is $10.00 per person.
Bring your Backing Tracks.
If you have steel related items you want to offer for sale bring them to the show. Their will be tables you can setup and display your items to sell $10.00 per table to set up to sell.
Please let us know if you would like to come and join us. UPDATE event will be April 29th at Southern Theater & Events Center 18639-S-NC-Hwy-109 Denton NC 27239. Doors open at 9:30AM till 3 PM.
For more info call Jimmie Hudson 704-986-6481
The day of event for more directions if needed the event center # 336-859-4332
Thanks,
Jimmie Hudson

Last edited by Jimmie Hudson on 18 Mar 2017 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2017 6:59 pm     ttt

ttt