The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tablet for songs and lyrics
rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2016 11:02 am    

Thinking about getting a tablet to put song titles and lyrics on -- Suggestions? or what's available

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 2:19 am    

IPads are always good but keep in mind you have to transfer all your files via GOOGLE DRIVE or some other transfer/conversion.

The other alternative is an inexpensive Windows based tablet which has USB and/or SD card. You can grab one of those for under $100 !

I Pads will give you weeks of life without charging while the Tablet maybe 10 to 15 hours.

I have both but use the IPAD, I transfer files to Google drive from the PC, then sync the IPAD and save the files for OFF LINE use. It's not a big deal. I also use a free APP on the IPAD called Documents, it organizes the files easily.

The Tablet can do all the same stuff, it's more of a back-up, I bought it last year on blow out , It's an RCA something or other. I paid $75 last year, it's probably $35 this year ! Smile

Walmart has a bunch on sale right now, I think the one I have has a 10" screen. First thing I did was to delete all those extra loaded programs and icons which nag you to sign up for stuff.

IPad or tablet, either are very valuable tools, I use mine weekly for set lists, charts, notes, lyrics etc , everything is right there in front of me, no hassle. I bought one of those $50 IPAD holders which clips on the mic stand.

go for it !

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

John Booth

Columbus Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 3:18 am    

I have done both Ipad and tablet - Ipads do this job better hands down, also more program choices and several are free
Jb

Ian Sutton

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 11:35 am    

I use and iPad and an app called OnSong which works great for charts, lyrics. etc.

Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 12:14 pm    

There's some discussion on the topic here:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=307972&highlight=

Ned Ramage

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2016 1:19 pm    

I bought a Nuvision TM1318 Android tablet for less than $150. It's nearly the size of an 8.5 x 11 page. Our band uses iReal Pro, $12.99 from Google Play. It lets us email playlists (set lists) back and forth. It's just chord charts and lyrics. I bought a tablet holder from Musicians Friend that clamps to a mic stand or the steel leg. Now no more music stand but you have to make sure the battery is charged up.

rpetersen

Iowa
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2016 5:11 am    

Thanx for the info Helps a bunch - Ron

Jim Kennedy

Brentwood California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2016 10:57 am    

Bbe careful with the cheap android tablets. I bought one a coule of years ago. It does the job marginally well. I put in extra memory, but can only use it for storage, I can't execute a program from it. The installed memory fills up with updates that I have to delete. I ended up deleting everything I could, and turned off updates. Not saying all cheap tablets will be this way. Just try and find out as much as you can to avoid the frustration. I would also recommend a 10 inch screen. Makes it easier to see.