The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cakewalk Sonar offering
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 26 May 2016 2:28 pm    

Cakewalk Sonar (owned by Gibson) is now offering "lifetime" upgrades for the Platinum version (only). The Platinum version, which used to be called Professional is the high end version.

Last year Sonar started "subscription" ownership with monthly updates ("rolling updates") that included fixes and enhancements. However, the user owns Sonar even if they discontinued their subscription (it is $99 per year) unlike many subscriptions where the user does not own the product if they discontinue subscriptions.

Here is the announcement that I got in an e-mail:

Quote:
You spoke, we listened, and now when you purchase SONAR Platinum (with Lifetime Updates), you’ll receive updates to all future versions of SONAR. You read that right. Purchase SONAR Platinum (with Lifetime Updates), and enjoy benefits like: •No more paying for fixes, workflow enhancements, and core feature updates
•Always have access to the latest version of SONAR
•Continue to enjoy our Rolling Updates

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 27 May 2016 1:24 am    

thats an impressive offer, full versions updates , not just "in family" updates.

Sonar is an excellent package, I had two previous versions before I moved to Pro Tools. The only reason I went to Pro Tools was at the time MF was blowing out Pro Tools 8 full retail for $129 ! That was half the price of updating Sonar 7 forward.

In my little mind, I see both Sonar and Pro Tools as being very similar in workflow , they both make sense to me ! Laughing

This is an excellent offering and move by the Sonar folks, I hope those other guys follow suit because they are still at 1 year free upgrades with a full retail package then $99/year after the year runs out.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Steve Stallings

Houston/Cypress, Texas
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2016 12:29 pm    

I paid for it as I use Sonar more than any other DAW. I also have PT12.5, and Harrisson Mixbuss but don't use them a whole bunch.