The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Can anyone give me some info on this guitar?
James Edge

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2016 1:59 pm    

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong section.

This pedal steel guitar belonged to my father who recently passed but I'm unsure what model/spec it is.

I know it's been in storage for >30 years as my father quit touring after I was born. According to my mother it's an "Emmons twin neck, 1970's, blue birdseye maple finish, 3 knee levers, 8 pedals, C6th and E9 tuning" (My dad spoke proudly/often about it a lot back in the day apparently lol).

If anyone has any more information they could provide that would be wonderful, especially if anyone can suggest a ballpark of what it's worth (he asked his musical stuff be sold to help with funeral/etc costs so my mother is planning to sell it and I just want to make sure she gets what it's worth). It has a hard carry case, pedal, bag for the legs, and some spare strings (nickel I believe, probably 30+ years old) and slide things.

Serial number is "2508 D"

Skip Edwards

LA,CA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2016 2:34 pm    

it's a mid-70's Emmons D10 push pull pedal steel.
Very good gtr, and quite desirable.

Peter Lindsley

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2016 2:38 pm    

Hi James,
Great looking guitar. Might be a good idea to post your question on the UK forum. US valuation will differ from Uk. http://www.thebritishsteeliessociety.co.uk/index.php

Philip Mitrakos

The Beach South East Florida
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2016 5:29 pm    

Your going to need a wheel barrow to take that cash home if your selling it in pounds Laughing
Cause its a high dollar pedal steel

Last edited by Philip Mitrakos on 8 Apr 2016 5:56 am; edited 5 times in total

Paul Sutherland

Placerville, California
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2016 5:47 pm    

If that picture was just taken the guitar is in incredible condition. It has wooden necks so I believe it's a bolt-on changer steel. That's a good thing for many people interested in such vintage Emmons guitars. If it's in factory original condition I would think you should get at least $3500 USD for it. Maybe even up to $5000 USD. I have no idea what the market would be on the other side of the pond.

Can you post a picture of the back side of the cabinet, and a few pictures of the undercarriage? That would be helpful.

PS: I have no money so I am not trying to buy this guitar. Just idle curiousity.

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2016 7:31 pm    

Looks great in the shot. I'm not in the market either. Are you sure it just has 3 knee levers? I wanna think 4 were standard at that time. But of course you could order as few or as many as you wanted. Best of luck with your sale.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2016 2:56 am    

James
PM sent.

Ken
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,