The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Mickey Adams
Jonah Turner

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2016 8:15 am    

Mickey's videos are the first resource new pedal steel students are drawn to and he is going to be the inspiration for any new pedal steelers in the future. In my generation, I'm convinced he will be remembered as one of the greats and I owe a ton of the small progress I've made to him. In my eyes, he deserves the very best.

Jonah

Niels Andrews

Salinas, California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2016 8:48 am    

Mickey is a great guy. I have no idea what has been said, I don't really care. I will say I don't have any time for anybody that says anything about a person who works so hard, for so little promoting steel guitar and music. The only motivation I could ever see is envy.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2016 12:48 pm    

I received this email from Bernie Gonyea, and he asked me to post it here.

Quote:
Richard : I have known Mickey for twelve or 13 years [ At Least ] I knew Mic.key ..............before he had completed his teaching course. .I lived in. New York .State. at the time. I always encouraged him every chance I could. Always , believing in him to the up-most. I agree with all you about his qualities and the many kind words you quoted , in ref to the many out-standing jestures which Micky has generated to all we Steel Guitar pickers around the world. I am an 81 year old retired Steel Player from upper N.Y. State. Micky is the most important Musician & teacher whom I know, on the face of this planet or any other. And I am not afraid to call him my best friend, any where..
Would you please see that this post is entered on the Forum.. Thanks, Richard.. I also believe you are doing a fine job in promoting our mutual friend, MICKEY; & 4I4 thank you for all you do for your fellow steel guitar pickers, and lovers of the steel guitar.. Warmest Wishes.. Bernie Gonyea4

Bryan Staddon

Buffalo,New York,
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2016 12:50 pm     Mickey Adams

E-bay is full of knuckleheads , Mickey Adams taught me a lot of stuff! And I don't even know him,plus he's a deadhead and he also for free showed me some great six string riffs for Mississippi Half Step and I still don't know him he just sits there, on my computer screen telling me what to do,it's great!!! the only thing that seems strange about him is that I think he lives in Texas, and ya know they still think us Yankees have horns, but other than that I'm with Mickey all the way, oh yeah just kidding bout the Texas thing,lived there for awhile but it's just too damm hot, and I really did leave Texas on the 4th of July

Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2016 4:57 pm     Re: Mickey Adams

[quote="Bryan Staddon"] I think he lives in Texas, and ya know they still think us Yankees have horns,

Dr. Mudd, physician to John Wilkes Booth stated it best in a letter to a periodical that kept sending him a bill...Yankees are only good to be cow drivers, gamblers and pickpockets.

Bryan Staddon

Buffalo,New York,
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2016 7:30 am     Pickpockets

Darrel, have you been talking to my parole officer? Love it man, humor could possibly solve all our problems, and another thing, Mickeys you tube videos are like an oasis in the desert when you live in Buffalo, N.Y. And you're trying to learn pedal steel. He just keeps on giving, and you can feel his good sharing vibe in all his vids, Thanks Mr. Adams !

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2016 10:18 am    

I have nothing but good to say about my friend Mickey, if we had more guys like him, the world would be a much nicer place...

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2016 10:43 am    

Damir Besic wrote:
I have nothing but good to say about my friend Mickey, if we had more guys like him, the world would be a much nicer place...

That’s worth an AMEN...
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2016 3:41 pm    

Thanks to everyone in helping to support all the great work that Mickey does for the Steel Guitar.

Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2016 3:53 pm    

I second all the positive comments....as we say around heyah, Mickey is good people Smile

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Feb 2016 4:24 pm    

obviously mickey is a solid guy in this steel world.
maybe the guy complaining about this , andy eder , could come shed some light on the problem in a reasonable manner. i'm sure he doesn't want enemies, being a salesman and all. the first post was a little sketchy.
yeah the thread is under steel players looking for 'jetdriver'.

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2016 1:53 am    

I can't believe this is still a topic of conversation . Of all the 100's if not 1000's of transactions that Mick has made, this is the first I've heard of sour grapes ! He even took it in stride when I spoofed his teaching vids...I was just yanking his chain 'cause Mickey Adams is a great dude. I don't even hold being a Texan against him..... Laughing ! As stated above,Mickey is the continuation of Newmans' legacy. I've learned a lot from him and would not hesitate to do business with him. That's my $.02 .

Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2016 6:36 am     Mickey

I actually believe the steel community is extremely generous with the knowledge they share. I think Mickey may be the most generous of all of us.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2016 11:31 am     Re: Mickey

Steve Spitz wrote:
I actually believe the steel community is extremely generous with the knowledge they share. I think Mickey may be the most generous of all of us.

I totally agree.He has been very generous to everyone, and he has gone above and beyond for me.

Thanks Mickey.

Andy Eder

North Florida, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2016 6:15 pm    

This goes out to all who have posted.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE LETTER.

Somebody using the name Michael, thier eBay ID (jetdriver841) made a best offer on my zum D10 yesterday night plus the listing said $150 for shipping and insurance etcetera so although the offer was a little bit low I decided to take it so I accepted it and then I sent him an invoice through eBay and didn't hear anything for a day so I sent him a regular message just trying to make sure that he intended to go through with the deal and I got a message back saying that his "customer" didn't want to pay for the shipping and that if I would ship it for free, that he would buy it and then after thinking it over I decided that I would eat the shipping and I wrote back to him and told him that I would do that all the while thinking I'm talking to someone named Michael.

He never identified himself as Mickey Adams until I asked who jetdriver841 was on the forum and the first 2 first posters give me his name.

He could have bought it on the forum so you would have gotten your 2.5% donation but instead made an offer on ebay that would have cost me 7%. Very questionable...

Why wouldn't he have bought it through the forum? I thought he was all for the forum???

He wrote back as Michael and said his "customer" backed out and he couldn't find him.

I don't know Mickey Adams very well at all but I have seen a lot of his postings and his giveaways that he's been doing on the forum so I had no reason to think he was anything but a good guy.

Well after I wrote to him and said I would accept his offer he wrote back and said that his customer flaked out on the deal because of the shipping price and that it was over and done with and that there was no way he could salvage the deal that he wanted to know about my zum S12 string (HaHa) and never once did he sign Mickey Adams because I would have known who he was plus he has my phone number or he could contact me through the forum instead of Ebay where they take 7% of the final value and the shipping fee the whole thing just smelled like a rat so I tried to get information out of Ebay and of course they're useless so then I put that posting on the forum asking if anyone knew who jetdriver841 was on the forum.

Two guys responded almost immediately saying that it was Mickey Adams so really when I asked from any other information would be appreciated I was just wondering if he made a habit of pulling crap like this and that's a bit that's really all there is to it so far I haven't heard from anybody else but guess what it really doesn't matter he showed his hiney today as far as I'm concerned he's got problems that probably most forumites are not aware of.

All he had to do was use his known name and this whole thing never would have happened.

Most of those who bashed me here don't know me in any way at all.

Coincidently, I've had phone calls and PMs from forumites who didn't have anything to do with this, who do not care for your hero and said they were proud of me. They chose not to ad a positive posting to this thread for fear of the forum mafia.

After Michael Adams saw he was discovered, he started sending nasty messages to me through the ebay message system to me, none of which were answered by me.

Last edited by Andy Eder on 22 Feb 2016 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2016 6:18 pm    

Deleted after previous post edited to be comprehensible.

Last edited by Ken Pippus on 22 Feb 2016 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Andy Eder

North Florida, USA
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2016 6:39 pm    

Thank you Ken. I appreciate your comment.

(before you changed it to a negative comment)Now you're the flake.

Last edited by Andy Eder on 23 Feb 2016 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2016 7:51 pm    

Flake.

Peter Nylund

Finland
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2016 1:06 am    

153 words is a pretty long sentence Laughing

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2016 4:42 am    

Punctuate.

Dustin Rigsby

Parts Unknown, Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2016 4:52 am    

Mickey isn't nescessarily my hero,however, airing your bad eBay laundry is the greatest waste of bandwidth there is. eBay has conflict resolution and I suggest you take it there. People back out of deals all the time. It's happened to me on several occasions....no use in crying over spilled milk. I've seen some of your previous postings and on one with the zum hybrid I had trouble understanding. None the less I wasn't interested I your wares so no skin off my large backside.... I'm not against buying and selling or making profit, it's the way of the free market,but, NO WHINING ALLOWED !

Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2016 5:57 am    

Dustin Rigsby wrote:
eBay has conflict resolution

Dustin hit the nail on the head. This should have never bled over to the SGF. I suggested that Andy take a step back in the original thread, because I knew he was damaging his own reputation. Now the thread is locked and the damage is done. My experience with the eBay resolution process, is that it's heavily weighted in the buyers favor...maybe that was a factor in Andy's decision to bring it here.

Andy Eder

North Florida, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2016 7:14 am    

Ken Pippus wrote:
Deleted after previous post edited to be comprehensible.

A MAJOR LIAR.

Andy Eder

North Florida, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2016 7:15 am    

Ken Pippus wrote:
Flake.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A MAFIA MEMBER.

Andy Eder

North Florida, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2016 7:17 am    

Peter Nylund wrote:
153 words is a pretty long sentence Laughing

Maybe more than one sentence but at least you all know the other side of this thread of ignorant lies.