The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Only A Few Weeks Away
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Only A Few Weeks Away
Michael Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2015 3:38 pm    

My goodness! I hope you have your hotel reservations at the St. Louis Airport Marriott. Scotty’s International Steel Guitar Convention is only a few weeks away. Here is a quick synopsis of what is going on. We are planning clinics by Sarno Music Solutions and Peterson Tuners. There may be more added as we get even closer.

Mike Sweeney’s seminar is becoming a popular event and space is still available.

The vendors are all around, in and outside the ballroom. They will be happy to discuss their products and answer any question you might have. The Jazz show is on schedule for Saturday in the Pavilion and Jim Stahlhut has a great lineup.

The friendly, family style environment makes for a great place to make and rekindle friendships. Many have been coming to St. Louis since the early 70s’. We will not only have our usual players, but we are adding some new players. There will be a playing style for everyone.

Be sure to get your preregistration now for Scotty’s International Steel Guitar Convention 2015. Call 314-427-7794, look us up on Facebook/isgcstl or send an e-mail to scotty@scottysmusic.com. We will be glad to step you through the process.

It would be great to see all of you in St. Louis. If you haven’t been...you should go. If it’s been a long time...you should come back.

Michael
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2015 4:32 am    

I have all my sound gear and back line amps all checked and ready to make the trip.

I will be bringing Peavey Nashville 112's and a Nashville 400 for any of the players to use on stage.

I am told that there will also be a Telonics available for anyone that wants to use it on stage.

Even after 37 continious years, I get excited for every show. It is all about the steel guitar community. I love our "Large" family.

Stop by the sound booth and say howdy.

Oh yes, on Friday morning, we will be selling Cd's of the Thursday night "HOF" show. You will surely want this for your collection.

They will be available at the ticket counter, Scotty's booth and probably in the sound booth.
Don't miss out on this.

Bill
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2015 5:49 pm    

Mike and Bill I'm looking forward to coming back after missing the last two years.

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2015 8:54 pm     show

Bill, I was informed I will be filling in for someone Thursday afternoon, so I would like to use one of your amps. It will be good to see you Ben, it's been a while.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

John Booth

Columbus Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2015 4:23 am    

I'm looking forward to meeting y'all
JB

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2015 6:50 am    

Yes sir Mr. Dobkins
Ready & waiting
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Richard Keller

Deer Creek, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2015 2:33 pm    

I am planning on going this year. What is the cost of admission?

Lana Rosselli

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2015 7:29 pm     ISGC Admission

Hi Richard

Below are the prices for each day. You will need a badge to visit vendors and see the show. Check out www.scottysmusic.com for ISGC program information.

Hope to see you there!

Miss Lana

Thursday - $10
Friday - $40
Saturday - $40

Bill Dobkins

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2015 9:09 am    

Miss Lana, I'll be expecting a hug so don't give them all away before I get there.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2015 8:26 am    

So sad to say that I won't be able to attend this year. So many other commitments that have me occupied. I'll sure miss it and sorry that I'll miss Chubby's induction. Congrats to Chubby and the other inductees
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars