The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Looking for an International Friend
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Looking for an International Friend
Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2015 10:31 pm    

When I was stationed in Germany 63-66, worked in bands with Wade Jackson (Stonewall's Brother) There was a steel player from Germany that I was friends with, but lost track of him. His name was Red Saxton and lived in the Frankfurt area. I hope some of the international friends might know of him and let me know how to get in touch. Any help would be appreciated.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2015 2:24 pm    

You're probably referring to Red Saxon.
We did business with Red when I managed
the Steel Deptartment at Scotty's Music.
He was ill several years ago and I never
heard the outcome.
Here're a couple links . . .

click

click

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2015 3:46 pm    

Yes, Russ, he the one I was referring to. At the time I knew him was from 63-66, the from 72-75, while stationed in Germany working with country bands. He had a lot of trouble with his sight, but that was the last I knew, Thanks for the answer.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2015 6:59 pm    

Russ, do know of anyway to send him a message. All I can find is YouTube. Thanks for the help so far. It was great just to see and hear him play again. The I was with him, he was trying to add pedals to his steel. WOW what a memory. Thanks for your help

Russ Wever

Kansas City
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2015 9:27 pm    

Jim,
Check your 'forum'
email/message . . .
~Rw