The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Ric Boyer Award - Photos
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Ric Boyer Award - Photos
Sandra Scott-Wall

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 6:10 pm    

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2014 7:26 am     Award

Congrats Ric!

Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2014 9:36 pm    

It was nice to see Ric get this much deserved award. You could tell that it was a huge surprise for him. I've been going to the ISGC since the third one and I've seen Ric back up all of my favorite steel players, playing exactly what needed to be played whether it was a slow country ballad or some burnin' jazz. It was really cool watching him receive this.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2014 5:21 am    

Ric is a wonderful musician and friend. And he has the best thumb in the business! Congratulations to one of my "main men." Exclamation

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Last edited by Herb Steiner on 3 Oct 2014 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Nils Tuxen

Seevetal, Germany
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2015 5:24 pm    

I have just returned from Dallas and am bach here in Germany, and due to the jet leg factor and it´s induced sleeplessnesss I am looking around in the Steel Guitar Forum, where I just found Sandras wonderful photos of Rick. I just had the most pleasant get together with Rick in Dallas, and I´m most pleased to learn that he was given a reward in St. Louis. Most deserved! First time I met Rick was at the ISGC in 1977 (my first convention) where he played a superb bass for the live Recordings of Buddy Emmons. And his touch, drive and great skills has not diminished a bit throught all these years.

The Dallas show, which was my first, also offerd a wonderful reunion with Mary, Dewitt and Michael Scott. Scotty and I reminissed about past times when he and Mary came to Denmark and Germany and other contries to help the local players and to promote the steel guitar. Dear Scotty, your huge contribution will never be forgotten over at my side of the pond.

And a big hug to you, dear Sandra. I hope that I will soon get the chance once again to visit you all in St. Louis.

Nils Tuxen
Hamburg, Germany

Sandra Scott-Wall

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2015 5:49 am    

Thank you Nils. I have missed seeing you in St. Louis all these years. Hopefully, you will be able to come again soon to our new hotel. Take care our old friend.

Jim R. Harrison

North Vancouver, B. C., Canada
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2015 9:23 pm    

As a followup to the Post by Mr. Tuxen, here are two photos from the 2015 TSGA Jamboree in Dallas that he referred to.

Gary Cooper

Atmore, Alabama
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2015 9:06 am     Ric

Ric Boyer is the best bass player, past, present and future!!!! Congratulations Ric!!!!!