The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This forum section is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. A Word From The Scott Family
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  A Word From The Scott Family
Michael Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 4:09 am    

The 2014 International Steel Guitar Convention is in the can! From what we have heard, everyone who joined us at our new venue, The St. Louis Airport Marriott enjoyed the show. We want to thank all the players, distributors and conventioneers for making this a convention to remember.

We saw some familiar players and some new faces. From Alan Akaka to Yosinori Ogino and Ron Elliott to Buck Grantham, and many players in between. We were entertained like we were at home in our own easy chairs. The music was well diversified so there was something for everybody. Our distributors had their best foot forward and showed some of the finest instruction, audio CDs, DVDs and merchandise to tune, make louder, provide effects, sit properly and play the finest instruments in the world. There are too many to name here, but between the merchandise and the clinics and seminars there was never a dull moment.

From the time we walked into the Marriott we felt like we were walking in our own family room. Emily Navapant, Anna Rask and their staff made us feel welcome and made our transition seem like we have been there for many years. We have nothing but praise for the management and entire staff of the Marriott.

Scotty, Mary and the whole Scott family...thank you for coming to the 2014 International Steel Guitar Convention and we look forward to seeing you all in 2015 for the 44th ISGC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Bob Blair

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 4:22 am    

I had a great time Michael - congratulations and thanks for all the hard work

Paul E Vendemmia

Olney Maryland Mongomery
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 11:27 am    

The only thing I would like to see is the Jazz Room and not just a jazz hour. I really enjoy Saturday morning I would get up have something to eat then at 10:00 am i would get a big cup of coffee and go sit in the jazz room and hear 4 hours of just Jazz I really looked forward to that. It was a highlight to my trip.
We had one hour of Jazz and some people are complaining about that. I know for fact that I'm not the only one that feels the way I do. So Mike Scott please keep this in mind if it's possible to bring it back.

Paul E Vendemmia

Olney Maryland Mongomery
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 11:28 am    

The only thing I would like to see is the Jazz Room and not just a jazz hour. I really enjoy Saturday morning I would get up have something to eat then at 10:00 am i would get a big cup of coffee and go sit in the jazz room and hear 4 hours of just Jazz I really looked forward to that. It was a highlight to my trip.
We had one hour of Jazz and some people are complaining about that. I know for fact that I'm not the only one that feel the way I do. So Mike Scott please keep this in mind if it's possible to bring it back.

Gary Cooper

Atmore, Alabama
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 6:24 pm    

This was my first. My wife and I enjoyed every minute. Scotty is an impressive man. The registration crew did an excellent job!!!!!!!! Thanks to allwho made this possible.

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2014 7:43 pm     The 2014 convention !!!!

Mitzi and I have been coming to Scotty.s convention many years . Our first year was 1979 and we have never missed one since.That,s 35 years of great fun. There is always great new players there to keep all of us happy with the show and this year turned out to be one of the best ones ever. The hotel was great ,the service was great,the parking was great,the sound crew did a superb job and the sound in the big room was the best, and best of all we had great attendance. That,s the kind of success we can have when we all do our part with every ounce of effort that we have. We thank every body for a great weekend of wonderful music and showmanship.We thank especially the whole Scott family for all the hard work they put in all of these years. Love to all of our friends,Buck and Mitzi

Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2014 6:08 am    

Gary
Scotty is an impressive man. The registration crew did an excellent job!!!!!!!! Thanks to all who made this possible.
Buck
There is always great new players there to keep all of us happy with the show and this year turned out to be one of the best ones ever. The hotel was great, the service was great, the parking was great, the sound crew did a superb job and the sound in the big room was the best, and best of all we had great attendance. That’s the kind of success we can have when we all do our part with every ounce of effort that we have. We thank everybody for a great weekend of wonderful music and showmanship. We thank especially the whole Scott family for all the hard work they put in all of these years. Love to all of our friends

Ditto on Buck & Gary’s post, it saved me a lot of typing.

First of all the hotel was great, starting with the bellman, all the way to the servers in the restaurant, and the rooms.

I cannot say enough about the whole Scotty family. And poor Michael caught the blunt of it all, but pulled it off.
But one person was an ambassador, go between, and just taking good care of the people. That was, our very own Miss Lana, Thanks Lana for just being you.

We had a great time in our new old room (The Ole Derby Room) is now The Nashville Legends.

We gave 3 special Certificate of Appreciation for all the helpfulness and support they have given, down thru the years to The Ole Derby Room.
They were: Tommy Miller, Dee and Judy Craig, and Terry and Cherri Craft

To hear Chubby Howard would be going into the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame in 2015, made my whole trip worth it.

We had a great time and can't wait for next year!
Love You All
Danny and Patricia
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2014 11:43 pm    

Big thanks to Scotty, Mary, Michael, Sandra and the entire family. It takes months and months of hard work to put a show like this together and it worked out great!

Talk about dedication and love for the steel guitar - Thanks to you all!

Best Regards, Walter

Ron Elliott

Madison, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2014 1:57 pm     Thanks to the Scott Family

We want to thank all of the Scott Family and the Staff for all the hard work this year in this 2014 Convention, and we look forward to the Great Gathering in 2015. The St.Louis Steel Guitar COnvention...Always the best !. Ron and Leslie Elliott. Thanks for everything !

Don Lanier

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2014 4:39 pm     2014 Onward

Thanks to the Boss, Scotty and Family....the Hotel is a hit with me, good food, but needs some BBQ on the menu...and the staff of the hotel, who did a great job, from A/V to Bellman, The Marriott should be proud of that Hotel....we look forward to next years show...
https://www.facebook.com/Pearlprocase

Danny Hammers

Danny & Patricia of Floral City, Florida formerly of Fairdale KY.
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2014 7:17 pm    

This is what we posted on TripAdvisor.com

My wife and I were attending the International Steel Guitar Convention at the hotel. All the people working at the hotel were so nice and helpful all the way from the bellhop Jerry, the front desk Carton, to the girls in the restaurant Donna and Tywand. We stay at the Hyatt in Nashville a lot, and always have great service, this was right up there with or above that. Clean, nice rooms, great service, to me says it all

Can't wait tell next year and Hats Off to the Scott family
Danny and Patricia
Life Member of R.O.P.E. (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) , NTSGA, GaSGA, PSGA, ASGA, MSGC, LMSGC, OzarkSGA