The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel guitar in Ky?
Jason Wages

Mt.Sterling, Ky.
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2014 5:09 pm    

I am a new steel player from Ky and I was wondering if there is ever any steel guitar convention's that go on in Ky? If so would someone please let me know when. Thanks!

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2014 6:21 pm    

Jason,

What part of KY? Jeff Campbell is having his Southeast Steel show on Saturday in Maynardville, TN which is about 30 minutes from the KY line at Middlesboro. We'd like to have you.

North Knoxville Steel Guitar Show, Maynardville TN. August 9th 2014, at Little Joe's BBQ. 2805 Maynardville Hwy, Maynardville, TN 37807
Everyone's welcome!! 11am - 3 pm.

RC

Jason Wages

Mt.Sterling, Ky.
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2014 5:15 am    

I live in the east central Ky around Morehead, Ky. That's a pretty good piece from here. I would love to be there but I am already scheduled to be somewhere else that day. I appreciate you letting me know about it. There aren't any steel players around here that I can watch and learn from. Maybe one day I can make it to an event and hopefully get to meet some of the fine folks from this forum. Thanks for responding.

Jason Wages

Mt.Sterling, Ky.
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2014 5:16 am    

I live in the east central Ky around Morehead, Ky. That's a pretty good piece from here. I would love to be there but I am already scheduled to be somewhere else that day. I appreciate you letting me know about it. There aren't any steel players around here that I can watch and learn from. Maybe one day I can make it to an event and hopefully get to meet some of the fine folks from this forum. Thanks for responding.

Chris Castle

Paintsville,Ky
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2014 11:45 am    

Hey Jason, there isn't much around here any more. Im just south of Paintsville and was actually at college at MSU last year. There used to be a few at Lexington, but those died out sadly. There are steel some shows in Louisville.

http://www.louisvillesteelguitar.com/

I play more in the big cities like Louisville and Nashville because that is about the only place you can find good country music. I am playing some in Ohio next month and October. There is a steel show in Dayton the 1st sunday in October.

I am on facebook if you would like to message me sometime.

Message any time

-Chris Castle