Author Topic:  Drop Box for BIAB files
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2014 5:47 pm    

Just biab files that will work in biab

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2014 6:09 pm    

Yes, I understand that. But different BiaB files can use different sound sources. Smile

Some use strictly a GM, GS, or XG software sound source, or a hardware synth like a Roland SC55, to create the audio, like a Midi file does.

Some use a mixture of a sound source along with the Real Drums & Real Tracks that are available.

And some use nothing but Real Drums & Real Tracks.

I was just wondering if the uploads are limited to one type, or if any of them can be used. Of course there are limitations to the Real Tracks that can be used, because each person would have to have the same ones for the file to play correctly.

For example, I have the newest BiaB 2014 Program itself, but NOT the newest Real Tracks, I only have up to Real Track Set 154, and there are now 205, thus I am missing 51 sets. So if some used, say, Set 178, I would not hear it the way they intended. Sad Cool

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2014 6:43 am    

It should just sub for something if you don't have it.
I would think you can just pick and choose from what you have but it should work no problem.

Last edited by Ken Metcalf on 14 Mar 2018 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Jim Smerk

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2014 8:30 am    

OK, Thanks for the info Ken! Cool

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2014 6:28 am    

I just noticed there is a public file in my dropbox that may be a better idea for this. Anyone tried it or have more experience with this type of cloud type situation?

Lee Bartram

Sparta, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2014 11:01 am     help downloading

first off I am computer challenged so please make it basic if you answer, I have been tryin for about a week now to download the drop box using the 1st link that was refered to by Ken. It starts and says that it downloaded the drop box exe. then never goes any farther. It shows I should get a box to click allowing user account controls and then one that says dropbox setup but i never get either of these that I can click on.what am I doing wrong? I have windows 7 and useinternet explorer..

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 11 Feb 2014 12:42 pm    

Try looking in the little green arrow in the upper right hand corner of your computer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1he0moqewm3n8d/3%20Last%20Date.MGU

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2014 6:52 am    

In win 7 when you down load.. on my computer ... I am using Firefox browser. it goes quickly up to the right hand corner an arrow between a star and a little house.
What this does is putting it in your download folder.. If I click the Microsoft button in the lower left hand corner, in mine click my name Ken so look for your name. Click on the downloads file and that's where it should be.

Copy and paste into BB file in biab.

Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 25 Feb 2014 9:10 pm    

I don't understand the problem.
Everyone make up there own folder and share on demand (ask if anyone has it) from storage files and add it to their folder. Here's an old file I have no idea what it is but I know you can download it from my storage files. It just gets to complicated to do it any other way. It's a lot easier to ask for what you want than to have to wade thru acres of songs you don't want.
some kinda crap
I make my desktop my folder and put that as a folder in my BIAB Favorites. so when I download a file it goes to my desktop and then I select it from the desktop folder in my BIAB Favorites. To upload I just go to Box.net where my files are stored and copy and paste the url as I did here. I'm using Audiophile 2012 and I upgrade to another Audiophile every 3yrs costs $299 to upgrade. It originally cost me around $600.
I'm not bragging I'm complaining.

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2014 3:53 pm    

I would have to agree... and when I started this I was thinking that some examples of styles, walk ups, changes in the middle of songs etc. used as examples for questions or discussion. But it seemed to go from very little interest to a very wide spread of ideas for use.
I stated in the beginning it is so easy to email songs that there is not much point in creating a large library of songs as Jim Barron has done this for us.
There are experienced users and day one people trying to learn.
It seems as bad as trying to organize a steel guitar club.

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2017 12:21 pm    

Bumping this up

Norman Evans

Tennessee
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2017 10:26 am    

I just downloaded some files. Works great! Thanks, Norm

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2017 1:43 pm    

P.S. if you sign up on the link this account will gain more free memory space. THANK YOU !

The 2nd link is the link to the folder and could be given to anyone.

CLICK to Sign up https://db.tt/WH1ZNTHt

Click to go to Dropbox files https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b9rrw6vqsxiu544/CTY1qJpzdA

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2018 1:23 pm    

I will put some Practice Jam tracks on here that are not BIAB.
If anyone has a request or idea let me know.
Also others can add to this.
Steel guitar rag added.

Pete Nicholls

Macon, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2018 4:54 am    

Why not use the Yahoo BIAB archve?

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files/info

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Band-in-a-Box-Files2/info
Quilter Labs Tone Block 202 Head
Roland Cube 80-XL
American Stratocaster - Yamaha Bass Guitar
1 Fender Telecaster Nashville Edition
Ham Call: N4BHB

Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2019 5:01 am    

Bump

James Quillian

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2019 5:12 pm    

I am going to suggest concentrating on styles. Most people,I think, use BB to make backing tracks for practice. That is what I use it for, but I am neither a rocket scientist nor in any way special.

Making a basic backing track with BB is so simple and fast, it takes less time to make one from scratch than it does to download one.
Frankly the free styles that come with BB limp.

If there are better styles floating around that are free and user made, that would be helpful.

Is there anything other than backing track that BB is good for? If there is it would be nice to know what those things are.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2019 6:04 pm    

James Quillian wrote:
I am going to suggest concentrating on styles. Most people,I think, use BB to make backing tracks for practice. That is what I use it for, but I am neither a rocket scientist nor in any way special.

Making a basic backing track with BB is so simple and fast, it takes less time to make one from scratch than it does to download one.
Frankly the free styles that come with BB limp.

If there are better styles floating around that are free and user made, that would be helpful.

Is there anything other than backing track that BB is good for? If there is it would be nice to know what those things are.

Do you have up to date BIAB with Real Drums and Real Tracks? There's people making radio ready music with BIAB. It requires a good deal of expertise and often some MIDI knowledge. A quick practice backing track can be made in a few minutes, but higher quality music requires some tweaking. I use BIAB provided styles, and styles that I've made myself, or made by others. You can learn to create your own styles using "stylemaker". A good starting place is to create a style from a MIDI song. b0b has some good Ray Price shuffle styles for sale here on the forum. Bob Norton has plenty of styles for sale, and also many BIAB songs already programmed. www.nortonmusic.com

There's a lot of stuff out there, but the good stuff is not free. I love BIAB. It can really help produce some good music, if you take time to learn it.

RC