The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hagstrom Jimmy Oval
Howard Steinberg

St. Petersburg, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2013 10:08 am    

Because I'm splitting the year between north and south, I am bringing a lot of guitars back and forth with me that I'm not comfortable leaving unattended for 6 months at a time. It seems to make sense to start selling off some of the guitars that are played less and thus have less to transport. This is a Hagstrom Jimmy Oval from the mid 70's that I will try here first. Following this will be an early 70's tele custom and a 1967 ES-175.

The Hagstrom Jimmy Oval hole guitars were designed by Jimmy D'Aquisto and produced by Hagstrom, in Sweeden, at various times in the 1970's. The oval hole model is quite rare as there were approx 350 of these made. This guitar was made in 1977 and is #56, in a batch of 105. It is 100% original. The guitar has a single suspended pickup, wooden compensated bridge and a harp tailpiece. Bound ebony board with block inlays. The tuners are original and I believe made by Van Ghent. The guitar is very well set up and plays flawlessly with very low action. It is currently strung with D'Addario flatwounds (.012's). The cherry sunburst finish is in nice shape with some finish cracks which these guitars were prone to. There are a few minor dings on the rear of the headstock. I have owned this guitar for 30+ years. It comes with a non-original TKL hard case. The case is a little deep for the guitar, however, I've kept a towel in it to keep the guitar from moving around. Price is $1,850.,plus actual shipping from St. Petersburg, FL. I have had a lot of experience with packing and there will be no charges for packing materials. Pay pal is ok but fees will be paid by buyer. Willing to work with buyer on payment method to avoid surcharges.

Additional pictures can be found at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60820285@N07/sets/72157626237991581/

Feel free to email or pm questions.

[img][/img][img][/img]