The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  need emmons help!
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2013 5:00 am    

My comment wasn't meant to be a diss on your informative post. Just that the original issue is apparently still unresolved.

I go way back with Emmons, from my 71PP, to working at a music store that was an Emmons dealer (Little Roy Wiggins' "Music City" in Nashville) to working at the Emmons Guitar Co booth at the first Fan Fair in 72.

David Collins

Madison, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2013 1:39 pm    

Jack,no offense taken, and none meant.

Shawn Sprouse

LaVergne,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2013 10:59 pm    

David thanks so much for checking Emmons out. I sure appreciate you taking the time to do so. Are they working from his house now? I heard they sold the building. Also I finally got through to Ron on Monday and he told me my guitar was all but finished. He was waiting on a couple cross rods. after all the tails I heard from him, then admitting that he hadn't even started the guitar as of May, I feel like the " all but done" is bovine-scatology! Did you see a midnight blue LG III being built? If so it is mine.....I hope. I did tell him, he had 2 weeks to have the guitar ready to ship or I wanted my money back.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2013 8:11 am    

and what did he say about that?

David Collins

Madison, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2013 7:01 pm    

They were working in the Factory Building, not a house. I saw 2 black guitars, however, I did not see every possible workbench, so I can neither confirm nor deny a midnight blue in progress. Sorry.

Shawn Sprouse

LaVergne,Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2013 11:21 pm    

Chris, he was saying that another shop was pretty good about getting the parts to him in about a week. I said, I'm through! In 2 weeks I wanted the guitar ready to ship or the money back. Because he was already over a year past the promise date, that they put on my invoice. He was really quiet for a couple minutes. I didn't say anymore and it was so quiet I thought he hung up the phone. Finally he said, I understand. That is where we left it.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2013 6:55 am    

i almost feel sorry for the guy, but not really.
i do feel sorry for you and the other people who have had to wait and can't get satisfactory answers.
i would be pissed.

Gary Roda

Stockton, California USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2013 11:29 am    

Uncomfortable reading, this thread. It's not the first sad Emmons story we've seen on this forum, and one wonders about the future of this great marque. After many years in sales, I consider this the golden rule of the sales game: never promise what you can't deliver. If you promise a delivery date and beat it, you're a hero; fail to meet it and you will lose credibility you may never regain.

Last year I sent and email inquiry to Emmons and was pleased to receive a personal reply from Ron Jr.the next day. At least in that that case, communications were working the way they should be in a business situation. But there have been so many stories like this... it's just a damn shame, IMHO.

Gary Roda

Stockton, California USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2013 11:30 am    

Uncomfortable reading, this thread. It's not the first sad Emmons story we've seen on this forum, and one wonders about the future of this great marque. After many years in sales, I consider this the golden rule of the sales game: never promise what you can't deliver. If you promise a delivery date and beat it, you're a hero; fail to meet it and you will lose credibility you may never regain.

Last year I sent and email inquiry to Emmons and was pleased to receive a personal reply from Ron Jr.the next day. At least in that that case, communications were working the way they should be in a business situation. But there have been so many stories like this... it's just a damn shame, IMHO.

Bob Poole

Myrtle Beach SC, USA
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2013 1:36 pm     Still There

336-437-2785 new number.

Bill Bailey

Kingman, AZ
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2013 3:34 pm     Emmons

Smile I am glad to find this thread, I wish the best for EMMONS Guitars, the LASHLEY family and all who are waiting for answers or guitars. Thanks David for going the extra mile!
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.