The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "The Jewel Praise",Bishop Ronnie P. Hall
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 2:43 pm    

Hello my fellow steelers Very Happy
As most of you probably figured it out, I believe in having a good time playing music?(I guess it could be called that!) and bringing a smile to somebody`s face. Well, here is one that will probably do the same thing, if not Oh well! Oh Well At any rate here it is. Enjoy! Laughing
Ron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL-e3zyXUb8&feature=youtu.be

Carl Kilmer

East Central, Illinois
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 4:32 pm    

Hey brother Ronnie, as usuale that's another great one.
You always have a way of making us old folks tap our toes,
and it's plain to see that you really enjoy playing a lot. Smile Smile
It's wonderful that God has blessed us with the steel guitars
and given us the ability to play them for others to enjoy. Very Happy Very Happy
Carl "Lucky" Kilmer

Johnny Baldwin

Long Beach, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 9:58 pm    

I'm smiling....

Charles Pompe

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2013 7:13 am    

Hey Brother Ronnie, I'm Tappin my toes and smiling. Really nice and it Made my day! Very Happy

Michael Barone

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2013 10:45 am    

Bishop Hall,

I thoroughly enjoyed this happy song. Superb technique, syncopation and phasing make this song joyful and entertaining! There is no doubt that you enjoyed playing “The Jewel Praise”. Nice arrangement, also!

As Charles said, it made my day as well.
Thanks,

Mike

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2013 12:57 am    

Hi Michael Very Happy ! (Barone)
I`m sorry for not responding right away, but sometimes there is not enough time in a day, or there is`nt enough of me to go around! Laughing Never the less my friend, you did`nt go un-noticed. Thank you for your encouragement, I need all that is given these days, and times. I was just re-reading your comment, and I got to thinking, about what you wrote, "technique,syncopation,and phrasing," and I said to myself "Me???". Man, I just pluck the strings, and whatever comes out, Look out world!!! Ha-ha! Laughing I wish I did have all those beautiful things you spoke of. I`m just having fun at pretending that I am a musician! Laughing That is why, everyone`s ecouragement is greatly appreciated. Again my dear friend, I thank you, for you encouragement. Be blessed!
Ron

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2013 1:14 am    

A great big "Hello"! Very Happy To: Carl(Lucky,Dr. Smooth,)Kilmer, Johnny(Baldwin),and Charles(Pompe)
Again, I`m sorry I could not get back to all of you wonderful guys individually, to tell you; "Thanks Soooo Much" for all of your encouraging commentary. You all know, that they, mean so much to an "old bird" like me. Laughing This way I can keep pretending that I am some kind of "musician"??? ( Even if I dont know what kind???) Laughing To all of you my friends, be blessed, and the warmest of greetings to you, and your families!
Ron

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 11 May 2013 2:10 pm    

My, you've been very prolific lately. A whole bunch of new recordings for me to enjoy. Cool
I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't kept up, Embarassed so now it's time to just sit down and listen to what new wonders your talents have created. Very Happy
I'm never disappointed. Cool Winking

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 17 May 2013 11:30 pm    

Hey Alan! Very Happy (Brookes)
Prolific? Shocked Whoa! Oh Well Me??? Yeah, I guess the winter months gave me a lot more time to build up the old library. But you know I think a lot of us have these little library tunes that sort of pop into our heads, and we kind of record them, to expand on them at a later time when we can sort of flesh them out. I`ve know you must have quite a lbrary yourself. I still listen to your music by way of the CDs you favored me with, and I`m still amazed at the overall compositions you`ve written and the tremendous lifstyle you live as a "lutist?" and other endeavors you are involved with. All I can say is "WOW"!!! Thanks Al, You are a winner! Be blessed continuously my old friend....
Ron