The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Carco Clave's New CD
Darcie Bodemuller

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2013 7:31 pm    

Carco's newest cd arrived in the mail today, and I just want to say WOW!!!! This is the second cd he's done with Doug Jernigan however Carco plays steel on this one unlike the first cd, where Doug did all the steel work. This cd features Carco playing on C6 pedal, lap steel, baritone guitar, bass, and strat, all of which are fantastic. A truly classy cd from a truly CLASSY guy!

Aaron Jennings

Montana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2013 1:39 pm    

Darcie,

I had the pleasure of seeing Carco play with Chuck Meade and the Grassy Knoll boys, he's truly an inspiriing player. I also enjoyed his other work with Jernigan and would be interested in picking this up. Where can we buy it?

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2013 2:04 pm    

Just got mine in the mail today. Can't wait to play it. I already know it'll be great! Carco is a great guy and a terrific player on a variety of instruments. He was great with Chuck Mead last year playing in L.A., and once again a highlight of the Phoenix show in January.

Darcie Bodemuller

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2013 3:31 pm    

Hi Aaron, I bought my copy directly from Carco at the Phoenix show and he mailed it to me. Not sure how to get a hold of him but you might try Facebook, I think he is on there. I haven't been able to find a website for him.

Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2013 1:49 pm     Cd

How could one contact Carco to buy a copy?

Steven Cummings

Texas
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2013 9:27 am    

I'd like to get a copy of this too if possible.
How can forumites obtain a copy?

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2013 2:33 pm    

I played a set behind Carco on Sunday morning at the TSGA Jamboree. He sure got my attention with the chords he was getting on a non pedal steel. What a fantastic player he is.

Darcie Bodemuller

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2013 6:30 pm    

I spoke to Carco at the TSGA Jamboree this past weekend and asked him how his cd's can be obtained for those that have asked here on the forum. He said email would work and gave me his address. Here you go:

carcoclave@comcast.net

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2013 4:00 pm    

I love everything that Carco does, both on steel and guitar. I told him once that his playing on guitar reminded me Roy Lanham, who was a guitar player for the Sons of the Pioneers, but a great jazz player as well. Carco told me that indeed Roy was one of his early influences....his chord melody playing on breaks just knocks me out, just like Roy's did...and Carco is so humble and such a nice man besides. Obviously many hours of work on all of his instruments...a true treasure to the steel guitar community and shows. His new cd is great !

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2013 8:53 pm    

I've known Carco for over 20 years, and I'm here to say that he's a musician's musician. He's a great steel player himself, so he knows what to play when he's on guitar (or other instruments he plays) backing another steel player. Anyone who's had the pleasure of his accompaniment, as I have, knows of which I speak.

His CDs with Jernigan are killer also.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2013 9:04 pm    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02lTz-KhPHY

Spencer Scott

England (deceased)
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2013 12:57 am    

I picked up a copy in Dallas this has to be one of the best instrumental steel guitar cds ever.Its gets played at home, in the car I would say get yourself a copy it is fantastic,and to top it all Carco is one nice person to talk to.
Spence.(UK)

Robert Colvert

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2013 11:32 am    

I love Carco's playing as well. I met him in St. Louis in Sept of 2007 in the Peavey room and was very impressed. I think Herb says it best when he says Carco is a "musician's musician"!

Shorty Rogers

Post  Posted 2 Apr 2013 1:06 pm    

My copy of the new CD arrived Saturday. It is all that has been advertised and more. The playing is outstanding and the stylistic differences between Doug and Carco simply enhance the listeners enjoyment of these great tunes. When I first met Carco, he was playing an off-night jam session gig at the old Red Barn in San Jose with Dale Caster and Archie Weyman. It was not drawing well and I got to play my ZB pretty much all night. How they tolerated me, I'll never know, but Carco was most encouraging and offered many helpful tips. It's nice to see he is still doing well after all these years. Let's all encourage Carco and Doug to add to this collection. Buy a copy, or maybe two.

Billy Knowles

Kenansville, N. C. 28349 usa
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2013 6:25 pm     Cd

Received mine yesterday and it is great