The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Photos of the 2013 SWSGA show
Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 7:37 pm    

Greetings,

I've posted the photos from the show. Since there are so many, I've put them on a photo site that I use. We are working on getting some of them on the SWSGA site, along with many others photos.

The site is free and you are welcome to view, download and share the images. I do not have it set up to sell the photos, but you can order prints through the site if you wish. I make no profit.

The link below should take you directly to the site, (I hope).

http://lbimages.smugmug.com/Music/Steel-Guitar

I've been playing steel for several years, but I admit, this was my first show. I could see that a lot of great people worked very hard to make it a success. So, let me just say, "Thank You", to everyone. It was a great show!

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 7:56 pm    

We thank you so much for the great photos

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Billy Easton

Nashville, TN USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 8:58 am    

Thanks, Bill....
I really appreciate all your fantastic photos and your generosity in sharing them with us!!

Billy Easton

Dave Beaty

Mesa, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 9:09 am     Thank you

Bill, the quality of your work is absolutely outstanding!
I'm not quite sure how you manage to get the light so even in all the various circumstances, and the color balance is right on every time.
Splendid job!
Thank you so much.
Dave

Skip Edwards

LA,CA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 9:47 am    

Great pics, Bill. Thanks a million.

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 9:48 am    

Excellent work; best set of photos ever taken at any steel show, ever. Thank you Bill!

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 11:28 am    

Thank you guys. I'm glad that you enjoy the photos.

For me, both of my hobbies, steel guitar and photography, all in one room. Add some incredible music and super nice people and it doesn't get any better.

Thanks for the compliment Dave. I have to give credit where do. The video crew did an outstanding job lighting the stage. My part was pretty easy.

I hope that people will see what a great show it was and hope to see everyone next year!

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2013 8:19 am    

More kudos to my friend Bill for the wonderful photography.

I brought my gear but between teaching a seminar and prepping for my Saturday show, I was "a little busy." After my show I was too exhausted and just relaxed and recovered.

The key thing that makes great images like that possible is the wonderful audio-visual setup at every SWSGA show. Without that excellent lighting, the photos would be dark and pretty blah. By contrast, the Dallas show has no special lighting, just standard room lighting, shots I took there 2 years turned out dreary at best.

Good job SWSGA, John Hensch and his tech crew, and photographer Bill Tauson!

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2013 8:27 am    

Guy Beaver was also taking photos at the show - he has taken Bill's and his photos and put in a special display that will be on our web site soon.

It will take a couple days but we will announce that on the forum as well.

We have over the years done not much to lots of great photos (one year in particular John McClung did all of it) we are hopeful that with Guy's help and of course Jarome Vogel (our web master) we are trying to document the shows better.

Stay tuned

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Bill Tauson

Chino Valley, Az.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2013 12:44 pm    

Greetings,

I'm going to be revamping my photo site and will need to remove the show photos for now. If you would still like to download any of the photos for free, please do so in the next couple of days.

As a reminder, many of the photos are now on the SWSGA website. Guy Beaver also photographed the show and did a great job going through hundreds of photos for their site.

Thanks everyone and I hope to see you at next year's show!

Steve Pawlak

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2013 6:10 pm     The guy that makes everyone famous