7:00 ALL STAR JAM

7:30. INTERMISSION/ DINNER

8:00. CHET GIBSON /
JERRY TILLMAN
8:30. JOE WRIGHT

Larry Danley

Winter Haven, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2013 6:26 am    

Sorry, had to adjust the line up. I was told this is what happens when you get older, you forget.

Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 11:01 am    

Larry, you're not old, you've just got a lot of mileage on ya! Razz
See you Saturday!

Larry Danley

Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 11:30 am    

I know my tread is really thin, I'm really excited about the show, y'all pack your bags come and let's have some fun.

Tim Moe

Ormond Beach,Florida "Birthplace Of Speed"
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2013 9:24 am    

As a new kid on the block and only seeing names on the forum for the most part, may I suggest everyone wear name tags. I know this sounds kinda corny, but it would be nice to associate a name with a face. Maybe just the stick-on kind from a office supply store. Just have everyone write their name and hometown on it. Just a thought!! and a bump.

Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2013 4:56 am    

A GOOD IDEA Tim! Larry's memory isn't what it used to be, and sometimes we have to remind him what his name is and which side of the steel to sit at Confused .
Joking aside, Today's the day! Hope to see a bunch of Steel Guitar lovers there!
(name tags ARE a good idea, Tim)

Dave Flanagan

Mt. Vernon,Il.
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2013 5:50 am    

Cool I'll; be there

Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2013 12:34 pm    

FANTASTIC SHOW! My personal thanks to John Lemaster, Lonnie Portwood, Royce Morgan, Jim Frable, and my Buddy, Blue, for being the greatest back-up band this pedal-pusher could ever want or need, to make him sound better than he deserves!

Larry Danley

Post  Posted 27 Jan 2013 2:19 pm    

I would like to take this time to thank the many friends of the steel guitar, who came out to share your time and support for this show. What a fantastic crowd.

Our featured guest, Joe Wright, what fantastic player and entertainer. He kept us all spellbound.

The back up band was so great, Royce Morgan, Jim Frable, Blue Grayson, John LeMaster, Lonnie Portwood, This group is the best any steel player could ever hope for, what a great job.

The players, so many, they are all listed above, special thanks to are South Carolina, players, Also Doug Jones from Oregon, and of course all the florida steel players, again named above.

A special thank you to all of the staff, that make this show a success, there were many.

I would like to thank each of you for your support at keeping country music alive through the steel guitar.

Your Friend, Haywood Henson

Doug Jones

Oregon & Florida
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2013 3:30 pm    

FANTASTIC show indeed! Big thanks to Haywood and Larry for inviting me to perform. It was great to meet everyone. There's a ton of great players down in Florida. The backup band was top-notch. A whole bunch of tasty music was played and a whole bunch of great styles were appreciated by all. The audience got more than what they paid for!

It was good to meet Joe Wright in person and experience his steel guitar and comedic expertise. A highlight was sitting between Fred Thompson and Chet Gibson during the Jam portion. Boy was that fun!

Thanks for having me and maybe see ya next year.

Last edited by Doug Jones on 28 Jan 2013 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total

David Christmas

Greeleyville, SC, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2013 3:50 pm    

Hey,Doug it was great to meet all of u guys and the great fellowship and music. I had a great time. Laughing Laughing

John LeMaster

North Florida
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2013 4:06 pm     What a good day it was

I believe this was the 13th edition of The Florida Steel Jam presented by Haywood, and my fourth time appearing on the show. What a good turnout we had - the banquet room seemed to be full for pretty much the entire event. The audience sure was warm and responsive, too!

Although I enjoyed doing my steel playing segment, the real treat was getting to play bass behind so many fine guys and gals. It was nice to meet new friends and renew old friendships.

Thanks to Haywood Henson, Larry Danley, and all who helped put on the show. I hope to be back next year.

John L.

Jack Dougherty

Spring Hill, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2013 6:18 pm    

I also want to say what a great time I had being a part of the show. It was good to see some old friends and meet new ones. I echo the kudos to the band....Glad to see Hayward have a great show and looking forward to next year. All my best to all the pickers and thanks to all the fans who showed their support.

JD

Tim Moe

Ormond Beach,Florida "Birthplace Of Speed"
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 6:43 am    

This being my first steel show, I could not have asked for anything better. The musicians and the back-up band were unbelievable. Everyone was so friendly. I got to meet and talk to other forum members and steel players, who offered up some great information to guide me along. Joe Wright was great. It was easy to have such a good time. Thanks to Haywood and Larry and everybody else for being so nice. I guess I should say we, as my wife Mimie enjoyed the show every bit as much as I did!!

Dave O'Brien

Florida and New Jersey
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 6:43 am     Lakeland Steel Jam

Thanks to Haywood, Larry, Jim and all the band members and gals for putting on this jam, I was thrilled and honored to be a part of it. Wow what a bunch of fine musicians and nice folks! Great to see old friends and meet new ones. See you next year God willin' Very Happy

Connie Burton

Sebastian, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 8:46 am    

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to put on this great show. Cindy and I had a blast! Thanks to Joe Wright for warming up the audiance "just joking" I had to follow him. It was good to see everyone again.

Georg Sørtun

Mandal, Agder, Norway
Post  Posted 28 Jan 2013 10:39 am    

Glimpses from a very enjoyable event...

Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2013 3:40 pm    

Thanks Georg, for posting the photos, and for taking them.
Fred

Bob Strum

Anniston Alabama
Post  Posted 29 Jan 2013 4:21 pm    

Thank you Haywood and Larry for letting this old man enjoy your hard work for this show. The band was great and and the sound was balanced. So many players that showed how the steel could be enjoyed by anyone. Then there is Joe...a unique exciting and inovative guy. I had a great time, Thanks again,
Bob Strum