The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Another ShoBud Finished

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 9:05 am    

Tyler, I think you know that Ricky's just kidding (a little). That's a beauty, metal necks and all. You got a great deal (I'm sure you know). If you decide to sell it, I'll give you $880!

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 10:55 am    

Hey Tyler; yeah I'm halfway kidding about the metal thingy's..ha...but I don't particularly care for metal necks on a beautiful Wood guitar.....but you did well and I've played a guitar just like yours and it does play and sound great pal.
Those numbers don't give you the date....but without any info on your guitar....I would say mid-80's.
Ricky

Tyler Macy

San Diego, CA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 11:33 am    

I knew you were joking about the necks. I agree, though, wood necks are much prettier. From what I hear/read, the neck makes little difference on the tone. Those wood necks look amazing, though.

Ricky you will be glad to know that it is only played through a '69 Twin with original JBLs. It even has the ultra-cool JBL logo on the gril. I also just found a nice original cone D130F that I am going to put in an extension cab.

So how can I date my pro III? What info would you need to make a reasonably accurate guess?

Tyler

here, I added a pic of the undercarriage if it helps on dating:

[This message was edited by Tyler Macy on 21 January 2003 at 11:36 AM.]

Anders Brundell

Falun, Sweden
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 12:08 pm    

Ricky - I feel like my thumbs are in the middle of my hands when I hear and see what you do. And where do you get all the time from? Is it true that a Texas hour is 10 times as big as a normal one?
I´m impressed, Ricky!

Anders

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 12:36 pm    

Tyler...she's a 1982 Pro III Custom.

Anders; yes we have some large hours here in Texas...and then pile on top of that...that I only sleep 4 hours in a 24 hour clock(well sometimes I toss a 2 hour nap in there..ha).....cause one just cannot do everything one wants to do; sleeping 8 or 9 hours.
I like to play gigs every night and sessions during the day on somedays..and Golf early in the mornings(playing or teaching)and working on these guitars and hangin' out with you folks around the steel guitar world wide web...ha.
.....and to do all that....there is no time to sleep......life is short...get all you can from it....till it's your time to head home...
Ricky

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 21 January 2003 at 12:46 PM.]