The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  M.S.A. Millennium L@@K>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Gary Steele

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2003 8:43 pm    

This is my Opinion. Steve Bailey from Cleveland brought his down today and i played it all day. D-10 8+5 Black Carbon Fibre. I was sold right away. I'v never played anything like it.I tuned it on my strobe then dropped the G#'s a little flat and tuned the F lever to sound good with the A pedal to the C# and played it for 9 hours except for lunch. The tuning on my strobe was so precise it comes back every time to perfect tuning on all pedals and knees. To me that is enough for me to buy one. It is awesome from the first fret to the last fret. The MSA team has made the cream of the crop.This thing is strong and so accurate. I'v had or played everything made i think. I heard Reece say in St. Louis that these aren't for everybody. If i say this wrong Reece you correct me. I dont get anything for saying this stuff. Hopefully Steve Bailey will respond to this. The guy that got my old Willy 3 months ago and just sold it Sunday, He has a like new Sho-Bud Super-Pro And a D-10 Mullen, he came up early today and played it and instantly told me his guitars will probably be For sale before long. If anyone is looking for a nice Super Pro let me know but it wont be cheap. He's not on the net. You guys can e-mail me and make offers just in case. All i can say is try one of these MSA's. If anyone ever beats this I'll be checking it out. If any of you make something i like better i'll be the first to admit it. Thanks, And please respond.

Gary Steele>> Dont knock it till you've tried It!!

Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 12:17 am    

Yup!

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 2:31 am    

WEll you Obviously haven't played a Fulawka yet.....and I've played a new MSA...and my Fulawka beats it> Hands down. Remember these are my Opinions...and everyone hears and feels different things.
I am only responding to the (my dad can beat up your dad) mood of Gary's post..ha .....and believe me....My Fulawka can beat up any Guitar out there...ha....there...don't that sound mature...ah....ha...
The MSA is a very nice guitar...and I believe all guitars have some great ideas and features to them......but side by side with the guitar that I have fallen in love with(my fulawka)...there is no other guitar that I would rather have....and I have "indeed" played all of them...and again...these are my opinions and may not be shared by others....as only YOU know what you really want to hear in your head.

Ricky

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 21 January 2003 at 12:13 PM.]

Mike Headrick

South Pittsburg, TN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 2:42 am    

MSA available in 90 days. Falawka.......3 years? Be nice to have one in my old age.

Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 4:30 am    

Mr. Headrick,
Think I'll just stick to my ole dependable Emmons. As far as a new guitar go, to me theres nothing better than my laquer LeGrande III. I've always thought YOU sounded great on yours too (even if your foot does get to twitchin like it did in Chattanooga ). . . . I have all your CD's to back that up. You're my hero! Nick

[This message was edited by Nick Reed on 24 January 2003 at 02:58 PM.]

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 4:41 am    

Yep, Fulawkas do require a bit of a wait. Not three years, but 6 months to a year. I expect that mine will be worth the wait. That's what happens when you don't pop the steel out of a mold.

Recluse

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 7:59 am    

Gary:
Thanks for a wonderfull day. You and your wife and that big black critter made me feel welcome in your home.

As to the guitar:
Wood and moulded fiber are just two ways to go at an idea. In Ricky's case fibre is not his answer but in my case it is. As Gary said "Don't knock it till you try it." Don't listen too closely to Ricky or to me. Make the effort to listen to the guitar. You will not be disappointed. This guitar should not be casually dismissed.
Time to start thinking out of the (wood)box.

Thanks again Gary
Steve Bailey

Gary Steele

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 8:11 am    

Now you guys are doing great. I like hearing your opinions without anyone acting ignorant. These steels we all play are very nice, I know i'v had a bunch. But what i am saying is When you tune the ones i'v tuned on a strobe tuner it really shows every move and i'v never seen a steel yet that comes back exact on every note every time. I'm not super picker like many of you guys but i hear these notes off that is just a bit flat or sharp. So i'm glad to have a chance to get a steel like this. I may be wrong but i'd say a whole bunch of these heavy hitters will be playing one before to long. We have the right to like what we like. I'm only expressing how i liked it. I want everyone to buy what they like. When i sell a guitar i always ask the guy to be sure that is what he wants because i dont want to sell you something you are not gonna like. When i sold my Purple Zum, There is that word ( PURPLE) again I had to say that. I traded that Zum to Mark Tomeo for a push pull Emmons and i had a buyer for the Emmons went with me. We drove 500 miles up close to the Pocono's to make this deal. But i ask the guy wanting the Emmons before we traded i said are you sure that is exactly what you want. He had one already just like it and he said thats what i want so i owned a Push pull for 2 minutes LOL. I should have got paid mileage when getting my guitars because i'v been everywhere getting them, And i know i'm not the only one. Several guys have wondered what happened to the Zum now you know. I cant think of the guys name that got the Emmons but he lived Up North of Pittsburg.
Thanks for reading.
Gary Steele

Recluse

Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 8:19 am    

Gary:
Having little trouble matching the sound of your rack. But I'll get it.

Steve Bailey

Gary Steele

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2003 8:42 am    

Steve, I'll come up and help for half ownership in the Black MSA Millennium. I had to say this, Just couldn't resist. Dummy me put that system on the forum for sale. You are gonna have to hit me in the head with one of those Carbon Fiber legs.

Don't tell John Hughey about this he may want it? Ha Ha LOL LOL I cut up with John and Herby a lot. I think these guys would sound good on a Peavey Bandit. Dont tell anyone i was playing along with John's C.D. and showing him up a little. You'All remember i'm only joking, I'm not much more than a spare bedroom picker. I think me and Gary Phillips and maybe Leonard Bick, and one other may be going to Saluda to play on Saturday in Feburary. Leonard used to play with PayCheck.

Gary Steele

[This message was edited by Gary Steele on 21 January 2003 at 09:09 AM.]