The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thank You Swsga
Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2013 11:58 pm    

I want to say thank you to all in the swsga.. i had a great time, and thanks for having me back...it was great to see all my west coast friends. hope to see you next time!
Mike Snyder..... opp's i mean Mike Sigler aint that right Joe Naylor... Love Ya buddy !

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 7:09 am    

I have to say that this was the best weekend of music and friendship I've ever experienced. Two thumbs up to the SWSGA for an amazing lineup of musicians and first class production!!! Mike - you sing like an angel! For those of you that missed this- do yourselves a huge favor- do not miss next year Smile .

John Gilman

Jericho, VT USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 3:31 pm    

+1 for a really great show. Props to Billy Easton, Joe Naylor, and the rest of the SWSGA crew for putting together a great time for all. The music was great, the venue was extremely pleasant, and the whole show was really well organized. Looking forward to next year, for sure....
69 ZB Custom D-10

kevin ryan

San Marcos, California
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 4:17 pm    

So Fun!

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 5:48 pm    

A great time in Phoenix! The most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 8:09 pm    

I'm still stoked from the show. What a great bunch of guys to listen to.
Seeing musicians I haven't seen from Southern Cal and visiting with so many great friends. How can you miss an event of this nature and status.
Johnny's vocal of "Farewell Party" with Jim Loessberg was great. His show was typical Johnny Bush over the top.
The SWSGA Board and members did a fantastic job as usual.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great show.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Bob Case

Grand Junction, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 8:18 pm    

Thanks to the SWSGA and to everyone present for a great weekend of music and fellowship.
Bob & Lisa

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2013 9:15 pm     Great show

First off thank you for the nice comments - I enjoyed the weekend but have to admit - got home in time to watch the second football game and watched the first half with my eyes closed -

Great fun with MY steel guitar family and friends - what a great show -

and YES I messed up MR Mike and wanted to drop thought the stage - glad you are a forgiving guy

It is my honor to be able to be around such great musicians and more important GREAT PEOPLE

Thanks to all who attended and now we start on the '14 show

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 5:20 am    

I too have to say thanks to the Phoenix Bunch.
Kacey and I had a great time! Billy, Joe, Denny....you guys are excellent. The staff was great, the band staff, the helpers, sound guys...everything was top notch.
Also thanks to the Mullen Room and the Newberrys and Austin. Your pickin was superb Austin. Jerry.....what a nice steel brother. He helped work on my guitar and is the nicest gentleman. Thank you!
Austin....I enjoyed our 2 or 3 hour jam...how ever long it was.
Denny...thanks for the cables, stands, and all the help with my seminar. I don't forget a friend!
See all of ya'll down the road and for sure next year!!!
Larry T & Kacey T

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Jan 2013 9:36 am    

Larry, love your pickin and Kacey is the real deal.
Great young man with one of the finest voices I have heard in years.
Enjoyed our time together in the Mullin room.
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Mike Sigler

Give Em A Try !
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 3:11 am     moment to remeber

Here is a moment to remember !!

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 7:24 am     fixing an oops

Mike as though you could not have remembered someone took a photo.

Great Guy and Great player

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 5:14 pm    

It happened to me at Phoenix a few years back Mike!! New strings and after 15 seconds of my opening number....Bang! Thankfully 2 players from the audience came up and helped me wind & gear up as the band kept on playing. I know how you feel!
Good Set though Mike!
Larry T

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2013 5:55 pm    

Well he had not even started - I think that was a first - we have had several that breaks one during their first song but poor Mike did not even get started.

But like the pro he is he just laughed and went on

The worst up to now was a guy from Canada - landed at the airport - someone picked him up - we found a steel for him and he picked the first string to check the tuning - and not even touched a tuner one popped

After he said he wondered what these AZ guys were doing to him. then he laughed and said he was nervise till then and then his nerves just went away.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2013 2:16 pm     Phoenix

The steel guitar schedule this year was just full of fine players! Hearing Bud Isaacs play was a treat for me. I told the people that when Bud played on "Slowly" he revolutionized the sounds of the pedal steel guitar overnight! A lot of players began to put pedals on their lap steels. I personally put 7 pedals on my Fender triple neck custom steel. I drilled through the metal where the keys are at and it constantly would go out of tune or better yet, it would break a string. Hooking the pedals up at the right hand of the steel would have been better. When Bud got to Nashville he recorded a LP with Chet Atkins, "A Session With Chet Atkins" and more and more requests came in to use him on other sessions. Put it this way. "Nashville is a rat race and the rats are winning". Bud left Nashville and actually buried his steel guitar and went into the mountains searching for uranium. I don't know how long that lasted but I'm grateful that he dug it up and started playing again. Scotty