The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  pics
ollie strong

penetang ontario can.
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2002 6:29 am    

Pictures of my new Fulawka..Whoops,this is my first time ,,Please be gentle,,how do I get these pics from there to here[ there is in "my documents"]..confussed Ollie

Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2002 6:53 am    

Ollie, you're going to have to find a webspace to upload the pix to from your computer. Once they exist "in cyberspace", then you can link to them in a Forum posting, or a webpage, etc. Otherwise you can't. A lot of email/internet companies, like msn, aol, etc. offer a certain amount of free webspace to do that with. You could check to see if yours does. Otherwise, Lori here at the Forum offers a service where you pay her something to post a photo for you. I don't think it costs too much (I seem to recall maybe $1/photo?) You can email her at lori@picturehost.net

------------------
http://www.jimcohen.com
www.beatswalkin.com

[This message was edited by Jim Cohen on 16 December 2002 at 06:56 AM.]

Fred Einspruch

Alaska
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2002 1:27 pm    

Usually your internet service provider(ISP) will supply you with some amount of web space for your own web pages. Usually you will have to learn how to use a FTP (file transfer protocall) program to upload the pictures to the webspace. Then you can include a pointer to pics in your posts or emails.

If your ISP does not supply you with any webspace, you can use open a geocities account and upload you pictures there.