The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for my lost MSA pedal steel, single 10
Spriggie Hensley

Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2002 12:24 pm    

I am looking for my old MSA pedal steel guitar, it was traded to Ralph Hansel's Music Center West Allis Wisconsin in about 1985. Its a single 10 string, 3 floor 4 knee, dark burgundy wood body. It was signed at the tuning keys by Rick Kornicker with a ball point pen. Reward for finding plus purchase price. Thank you, Sprig

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2002 4:38 pm    

Spriggie-I dont know if I would be of any help finding your MSA-But rather just wanted to mention-that I remember years ago that I would make regular guitar hunting trips to the Milwaukee area and would stop in at Hansel's and also Record Head-I remember that Ralph was a "horsetrader" and his store was about the only game in town for steel guitars-was Rick Kornicker the guy who taught steel there? I remember one guy who used to drive all the way from the southwest side of Chicago suburbs to take lessons up there-I also remember that I got a decent Fender Stringmaster triple eight blonde long scale with tweed case for $300 bucks or less from Ralph before he died-I also bought my first vintage National Tri-cone (which I still have some 20 years later) up at Record Head-are any of these places still in business??? Those were the good old days!

Spriggie Hensley

Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2002 1:13 pm    

Paul, thank you for the reply and input, I will track that down. Rick was a teacher-player from Waukegan Illinois, and yes those were the good old days and I remember them and Ralph well and fondly. I know it’s a long shot but thought I would give it a try.
Respectfully, Sprig

George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2002 3:02 am    

Good luck in finding your MSA. Mine has been missing since 84. The thief was a store owner in the Nashville area. S10 4x5. I still have the papers on it so if it shows up anywhere, I still concider it stolen from me.

serial #1C2196

Those of you familure with the Minneapolis area would know who the thief with the initials of, C. S. is.

------------------
SUAS U' PHIOB
Geo

[This message was edited by George Mc Lellan on 11 December 2002 at 08:30 AM.]