The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Fulawka
ollie strong

penetang ontario can.
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 7:34 am    

Nov. 30 ,I got my new Fulawka steel and its just beautifull..I got home about 7:30 last night and set it up and played for a short time and every thing is as it should be,,perfect .. I'm feeling a little under the weather [bad head cold and sore throat],so waited till this morning to get this message out...I'll get some pictures ASAP and answer any "?"s...

Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 8:31 am    

Hi Ollie:
Congratulations on your new Fulawka. Ed is a fine craftsman.
I met you only once and that was back in 1962
at the Jocky Club in Hamilton,Ont. You were either with Bernie Hughes or Ron MacDougal?
At that time you were playing a Sho-Bud and I had the pleasure of you letting me try it at break time that day. Up to that point I had never seen a Sho-Bud let alone play one.
That was forty years ago! It must have been a highlight of my playing career as I still remember the occasion.
Hope you are feeling better soon and good luck with your new Guitar.
Roy

------------------
http://www.clictab.com/royt/tabmenu.htm

[This message was edited by Roy Thomson on 01 December 2002 at 08:32 AM.]

JB Arnold

Longmont,Co,USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 11:00 am    

Ollie

You're going to love that axe-Eddie builds 'em right, and they sure sound sweet...

JB

------------------
Fulawka D-10 9&5
Mullen Royal Precision D-10 8 & 5
"All in all, looking back, I'd have to say the best advice anyone ever gave me was 'Hands Up, Don't Move!"
www.johnbarnold.com/pedalsteel
www.buddycage.net

http://www.nrpsmusic.com/index.html

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 11:00 am    

Congrats, Ollie. Sure miss your playing out here in Cowtown.

Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 11:31 am    

Congratulations Ollie! I have 6-8 months until mine arrives. I can't wait.

Dave Z

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 12:22 pm    

Lookin forward to the pix!

The Jockey Club is now a beer store and parking lot. So what's changed?
(well, it's a new building)

Rusty Walker

Markham Ont. Canada, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 1:54 pm    

Hi Ollie.What has the new one got that the other one didn't?Did you go back to a D10? You sounded mighty fine at the park.(the weekend from hell).I tried to email you about a month ago but something wrong with the address you have posted.Best wishes to you & Rae.Rusty

ollie strong

penetang ontario can.
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 5:12 pm    

Hi Rusty
the new one is a double 10 with 7 knees,the RKL works on both necks,,Eddie loaded the guitar for 9 floors but I only have 8 at this time..the guitar is birdseye maple , clear on top with a rich brown front and necks and white frets..Eddie mixed in a couple of other tints untill it "gleamed"in my eye..I don't think he knows what is in the mix,, when you get custom built guitar it is one of a kind,,,,there is a couple new changes on mine ,,small things that give a little better travel or smoother feel ... I'll try to get a dig. camera and get some pictures ASAP.... Ollie

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 6:32 pm    

Moved to 'Pedal Steel' section of the Forum.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2002 11:26 pm    

For those that don't know...Ollie also helps Eddy on the side.....as Ed has so much work and can use the help....as ollie is such a gentleman to do this> God Bless you Ollie...
Hey Dave.....yeeee haaa man...what are ya getting?? Body wise? set up wise? and Wow...I bet you can't hardly wait.
Ollie....snap some shots pal...come on get it done.....gotta see it.
..and what new changes did ya'll do??
Hey Congradulations on a Well deserved New Fulawka Pal....I'm super happy for you...and I know you are probably just jumpin' outta your pack-a-seat.
Oh and Redd Volkaert told me to tell you howdy.....and speaks extreamly High of you pal.
Ricky

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2002 9:05 am    

For those of you who don't know, Ollie is a great mentor for us Canadian guys. He's got a history that's a mile wide and a touch to die for. He's always been a team player and constantly amazed me with subtle new licks that he used to come up with when he had a house gig in Calgary. We sure miss him out here.

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2002 4:37 pm    

Hi Ollie, It has been such a long time!! Your name came up on the weekend, as I was doing doing the Prime Time Country Xmas Shows @ The Heritage Theatre & wasn't sure where you were! It was a fiddle player from Stratford, don't remember his name(old age) Hope all is well & sure would be great to see you some day! Congrats on the new Fulawka! All the best from an old friend!! http://members.rogers.com/music12/index.html

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2002 5:51 pm    

Congratulations, Ollie. Gord Thompson told me he was up to Ed's last week and your steel was near completion. He had to pick some material up for Eddie in Toronto and run it up as Ed couldn't get away. Hear he is also working on Bob Luciers 2nd Fulawka. (Eat your heart out, Ricky! Ha!) and also a few others he is working at getting out.

I'm sure you'll love it, just like the rest of us Fulawka owners do ours!

------------------
Rebelâ„¢
ICQ 614585

http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html

ollie strong

penetang ontario can.
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2002 6:36 am    

Thanks for the kind words and comments..I'll get pictures as soon as I can,,There are at least 3, " soon to be " new Fulawka owners waiting and Eddie and Santa are a lot alike,, so there is alot of work to be done..He wants to get their guitars to them by christmas so I'll be at the work shop as much as I can..
Ricky--- a couple of changes I had Ed put on ,,C6 --6st E up to F,,,,2nd E down to D C6 9th F up to G I don't know if this has been done before but so far it has some good sounds..[1st string is G]
Got to go for now Ollie

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2002 10:28 am    

Ok Cool changes Ollie.....good going man....Now GET TO WORK...ha....gotta get those steels out by Christmas.......Heck; I should be up there helping you guys
Hey Graham.....My Heart is Fully Ate Out pal....my Ex-wife made sure of that ....but Oh my Gosh....Bob is gettin' another one???? Well I gotta see this.....Tell Bob I think "He is KING"...and get me some pics....I need pics....I have got to see these new Fulawka's palssssssss.
Ricky

Mike Harmon

Overland, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2002 6:42 am    

Ollie,

I just talked to Ed yesterday. My new S10 is nearing final assembly. Ed told me he had built two guitars which used the same color scheme, but were reversed. Since mine has a light neck, dark top, light aprons, I know it was yours he was talking about! He's pretty excited about the way it looks, although there's NO WAY he could be any more excited than I am!

I'll get some pics with the Olympus when it arrives, and post them here on the Forum (if I can figure out how to post pics here!).

Mike

------------------
Mike Harmon
Sho-Bud Pro III Custom
Fulawka S10 (on order!)
Nashville 400

ollie strong

penetang ontario can.
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2002 8:14 am    

That will be my next problem ,just how do I get the pics on to the internet ? Ollie

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2002 2:44 pm    

Ollie:
If you have taken some pics, email them to me and I will get some of them up on ed's website. Seems like a good place for them to be.

------------------
Rebelâ„¢
ICQ 614585

http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html