The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Mr. Anderson, about the New MSA. Color selectio
Abe Stoklasa

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2002 5:31 pm    

I see on the website the different colors and styles that are available. It seems a player could get about any color imaginably possible.

Sadly, I've only seen a black one and a red one. I was wondering when the other colors will be up for view. I think most of us agree it is mechanically futuristic and presice (is that how you spell that?). But, what about the colors?

Thanks,
Curious Abraham

Abe Stoklasa

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2002 5:38 pm    

Also, personally, if I was interested in one, I would want a chrome pedal bar. Do you guys make one? If not, would it be possible for a person to use another pedal bar? Would it match the new features of the MSA? Just wondering. I think some people love the new legs and pedal bar. However, everyone is different. I just wondered if it was possible.

I don't plan on buying another guitar or anything for a while. I like my MSA Vintage XL too much. But, I was just wondering for simply the fact that my preference may be similar to that of a potential customer.

Abe Stoklasa

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2002 11:10 am    

^

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2002 12:13 pm    

I've been wondering about this too. I know there are plans in the works to eventually include a color chart on the web site. I hope this happens soon.

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2002 2:48 pm    

Abraham....Thank you for your questions which I'm glad to answer as best I can.

We have intentions of showing different cabinet colors on our website as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Our head engineer is also the one who created and maintains the website, and he is very involved at the moment with things we consider to be of higher priority.

MSA does offer a polished pedal bar if requested. Otherwise the pedal bar and sculpted knee levers are the same color as the cabinet.

It should also be known that MSA offers four kinds of leg finishes. Black anodized aluminum, powder coated aluminum, carbon fiber and chrome.

It is very kind and intuitive of you to pose questions which you believe to be insightful to others.

I appreciate your playing an MSA and I'm delighted you like it.

Abe Stoklasa

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2002 6:07 pm    

Thanks for the response. It is perfectly understandable about the other colors not being shown yet. Building steels is the priority, of course.

What sparked my interest was the fact that Tommmy White's steel was shinier and brighter on the Opry than the others surrounding his. It surprised me. It's a big plus for CFC, I guess. The finish is really shiny and reflects light well, it appears. It was very noticably shinier than the ones around it.

I love a shiny steel. The look of a steel is very important to me. Of course, it's not a priority over tone and mechanics, etc., but it is very important to me. I'm excited to see what average players think of how it plays. I've only heard about the pros playing it, and liking it. I wonder what response will come from the average players.

Anyway, looks great! Can't wait to see more colors. I love a shiny steel.

[This message was edited by abraham on 24 November 2002 at 06:13 PM.]

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2002 9:52 am    

Moved to the 'Pedal Steel' section of the Forum

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2002 10:20 am    

Quote:
It should also be known that MSA offers ... leg finishes. ...powder coated aluminum,(and) carbon fiber...

Will these be color matched to the cabinets?

[This message was edited by Mike Perlowin on 25 November 2002 at 07:15 PM.]

Jeff Coffell

Killeen Texas
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2002 4:14 pm    

Reece

Why is your e-mail not available to us small timers??

Jeff

Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2002 4:56 pm    

It's ok, Jeff. According to another thread it was brought to his attention that there are technical difficulties with their e-mail, & I know they're trying to get it up & running asap.
I understand though, Jeff. I definitely don't like to be avoided either although my needs are usually small. Speaking ONLY from my corner, during the 35 yrs. I've on & off played steel; as other bubbaheads deliberately avoided me, I've NEVER had a problem getting in touch with ol' Reece be it string & can, pony express, or present e-mail. That's my experience concerning MSA matters I've had in the past, FWIW.
You know I just thought about this: No, he doesn't show his e-mail addr. here as you also have that option not to show yours, but you can contact him directly at http://www.msapedalsteels.com/ But then again that's the e-mail provider that was down, but I'm sure it will be up & running shortly.
It wouldn't surprise me if you received an e-mail from MSA soon, if not a response here.

[This message was edited by Rex Thomas on 29 November 2002 at 05:01 PM.]

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2002 5:02 am    

Jeff C....You have a response in your personal email.

Rex T....Thank you for your positive comments and for providing me the benefit of the doubt. I have always made every effort to respond promptly to anyone kind enough to contact me.

My problem is not with my server, its my computer. The fact I was receiving personal emails lead me to believe all was well, but those sent to me through MSA never reached me.

I will make every effort to rectify the problem over the weekend. I respectfully ask that those of you (I understand it's about 70)please forgive the unavoidable and unfortunate delay. I will respond as soon as possible.