The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pictures of your steel/recording workstation?
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2012 5:37 am    

I don't have any pictures of my Recording DAW setup. But its a new PC (with an i7 3770 CPU 16GB RAM and an 128GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive), Roland Octa-Capture and an MAudio Fastrack Ultra 8R recording interface units, Behringer BCF 2000 for Mackie control surface emulation, Frontier Tranzport wireless controller, Samson Resolv 6.5a studio monitors, Presonus Dual Blue-Tube preamp, Rolls RA62 rack 6 channel headphone amp and a TRS patch panel. Alesis SR-16 and SR-18 drum machines. Edirol PCR500 MIDI keyboard/controller.

Sonar X1D Extended 64 bit recording program, Melodyne and Ozone 5. I also have ProTools MP9 but really not doing anything with it.

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2012 12:55 am    

Hi Jack! Very Happy (Stoner)
It sounds like you`ve got some good quality equiptment there, Though you may not have any photos, is it possible, that maybe you could share some of your music through pico, soundcloud, or even you tube etc.? I for one would love to hear the sound quality. Be blessed my friend!
Ron
Bishop Hall

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2012 1:34 am    

Hi again, John! Very Happy (McClung)
I was just thinking, did`nt "Papa Joe Pollick" have a subject similar to this a while back? So I went back and found it. I think there is a good tie in to this subject matter. I hope this is okay John? If not, please feel free to correct me, and the situation?
Bishop Ronnie P. Hall

CLICK HERE
http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=130016

Last edited by Bishop Ronnie P Hall on 29 Oct 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2012 8:37 am    

Crying or Very sad .

Last edited by Alan Brookes on 11 Aug 2013 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2012 10:23 pm    

Still fascinated by the responses! Thanks, everyone, keep 'em coming.

Chris Schlotzhauer

Colleyville, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2012 11:05 am    

Here's an earlier shot of mine. It's much messier now.

David Hartley

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2012 11:38 am     Hi

Great thread....

Bishop Hall... Looks impressive..

We all like our knobs and buttons, don't we.

Dennis Bailey

Fort Worth Texas
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2012 10:11 am    

Here is part of my one car garage converted into a practice room
room.

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2012 4:44 pm    

Hey Dave! Very Happy (Hartley)
Glad to know you are in on this! Smile Yeah, I guess we "all" do love our "knobs, and buttons", and one of these days, I`m gonna find out what they all do!!! And then I`ll really be able to make even more "noise", and "mistakes", than I do now!!!! Laughing Look out world!!! Laughing Laughing
Ron

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2012 9:08 am    

Hi Dennis!, (Bailey)
I`ve got to admit, You have the cleanest, organized studio set up I have ever seen thus far. I dont know what your secret is, but whatever it is, keep up the good work.
Ron

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2012 11:31 am    

Tony Williamson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2012 7:05 pm    

Whoa! Whoa!

Joe Gall

DeLand, Florida
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2012 7:07 pm    

Johan Jansen wrote:

Game over! This guy wins... LOL

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2012 7:19 pm    

When I need to track in the studio at home, I park the steel in front of the computer and roll. Looks like many here have the same setup. But here's what happens if I leave it sitting there too long...

Dennis Bailey

Fort Worth Texas
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2012 10:29 am    

Ron, Thanks, but this is actually the most organized part of my house. If you saw beyond the pic you may wonder how I find anything!

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2012 12:47 am    

well, this is where I'm saving for Smile but first another used car Smile

Jim Hollingsworth

Way out West
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2012 8:40 pm    

Hey Mark, I suffer from the same studio cat problem!!!!!! I am looking for new mic pre's - How are the Focusrite & AG Pre - 73's??? I am leaning towards the Pre-73's because of their Neve-ish vibe. What's your thoughts on them??
Jim

Mark van Allen

Watkinsville, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 12 Nov 2012 10:42 pm    

Hi, Jim, don't think it'll derail the thread to answer:
I LOVE the GAP Pre-73 line. While there are loads of guys who modify them to get closer to actual Neve specs, they are very much in the ballpark, and for the money can't be beat. Definitely a character pre, and great on all kinds of sources.
The Focusrite ISA 2 is another real winner, less colored but very detailed and still warm. Currently one of my favorite pres.
if I were starting a budget studio from scratch, these would be a couple of my first purchases.
I also have the GAP Comp 54 compressors, great as well, but there are others I like as well.

Joe Gall

DeLand, Florida
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2012 5:58 am    

Well after three months in the new house and working each room at a time the following rooms are done, three bedrooms, hallway, dinning area/kitchen, kitchen, living room. So now I finally was able to spend a couple of days playing with the "fun" room what is to eventually become the "bar/music" room. Now that it is emptied out for the first time since we moved in I remeasured and began laying out the stage and bar area. The stage will be 5'x22' which I will use 2x6 with 5/8 plywood, then the drummer's area will be doubled up (raised) on the one end. The way I have things mocked up right now the stage is big enough for the drummer, steel, lead, rhythm/singer, bass player, another guitar and or singer and the keyboard player at the other end.

I currently have my Yamaha electronic drums & a Behringer 300 watt amp (great drum/keyboard/bass amp), my MSA D-10 Classic with Fender 212R, Fender BXR 300c bass amp w/15" Carvin speaker that I added), Peavey 212 Deuce, Casio WK-8000 88-key keyboard, Carvin RX1200 PA with Carvin floor monitor, Yorkville Pulse 15 mains, HotSpot monitors. I will have all of this equipment set up and ready for use for our musician friends once the stage is built. I set all of this up the other day to mockup where the stage will be built. I am hoping for a plug & play set up so people will just bring their guitars and come on over to our weekly Friday night jam and have fun. That is our goal...

John Macy

Rockport TX/Denver CO
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2012 2:30 pm    

From a few days ago...

Joe Gall

DeLand, Florida
Post  Posted 14 Nov 2012 3:00 pm    

[quote="Joe Gall"]Well after three months in the new house and working each room at a time the following rooms are done, three bedrooms, hallway, dinning area/kitchen, kitchen, living room. So now I finally was able to spend a couple of days playing with the "fun" room what is to eventually become the "bar/music" room. Now that it is emptied out for the first time since we moved in I remeasured and began laying out the stage and bar area. The stage will be 5'x22' which I will use 2x6 with 5/8 plywood, then the drummer's area will be doubled up (raised) on the one end. The way I have things mocked up right now the stage is big enough for the drummer, steel, lead, rhythm/singer, bass player, another guitar and or singer and the keyboard player at the other end.

I currently have my Yamaha electronic drums & a Behringer 300 watt amp (great drum/keyboard/bass amp), my MSA D-10 Classic with Fender 212R, Fender BXR 300c bass amp w/15" Carvin speaker that I added), Peavey 212 Deuce, Casio WK-8000 88-key keyboard, Carvin RX1200 PA with Carvin floor monitor, Yorkville Pulse 15 mains, HotSpot monitors. I will have all of this equipment set up and ready for use for our musician friends once the stage is built. I set all of this up the other day to mockup where the stage will be built. I am hoping for a plug & play set up so people will just bring their guitars and come on over to our weekly Friday night jam and have fun. That is our goal...

Gary Moore

Mobile, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2012 1:36 pm     My Studio

Well here it is I lov it Live Room.

Here is my Control Room No much But It Works.

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2012 3:51 pm    

Shocked

Last edited by Alan Brookes on 11 Aug 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 18 Nov 2012 6:44 pm    

John Macy, that looks like a nice Fessy there? Smile

Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2012 6:04 pm    

Alan, you are definaely wired for sound my friend Cool