The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho~Bud Volume Pedal Question
Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2002 5:32 pm    

Can anyone provide some info on re-stringing a Sho~Bud volume pedal? It's the old "tall" version. A friend of mine has one, and needs some info, maybe a diagram or pictures.

Jim Vogan

Ohio City, Ohio 45874
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2002 5:51 pm    

I found this. Maybe it will help. http://www.steelguitarinfo.com/other/volumepedal/pot_change.html

------------------
Jim Vogan Emmons Sd10
G.D. Walker Stereo Steel Combo
Bakelite Ric
Hilton volume pedal

Jim Vogan

Ohio City, Ohio 45874
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2002 6:12 pm    

I did a search on the Forum and found this.
Here is a description of how to wind the Sho-Bud volume pedal:

Put the pedal on your knee with the Sho-Bud name away from your body. Flip it over so that you can get to the inside. Fasten a piece of level wind fly line or other low stretch string to the screw at the bottom (real top) part. Turn the pot clockwise to full on and adjust the string barrel screw so that it is facing up toward you. Push the pedal to the full on position. Wrap the string around the left side of the barrel twice from near you to away from you (i.e. clockwise the same way the pot goes full on). Make a counterclockwise wrap around the barrel screw and then continue on around the right side of the barrel one turn the same (clockwise) way that you wrapped the left side. Pull the string up on your side and go over the screw on the top of the aluminum post. Lay the string through the screw slot. Continue on over and wrap the string around the locking screw on the post. The pot should now function properly as the pedal opens. You can make minor adjustments on the travel by loosening the barrel screw and turning the pot shaft with a small screwdriver through the hole in the pedal body.

------------------
Jim Vogan Emmons Sd10
G.D. Walker Stereo Steel Combo
Bakelite Ric
Hilton volume pedal

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2002 7:51 pm    

Thanks for the responses - All these years I only think about the string when the pedal quits working, then I take it to someone to fix! I'll get my buddy hooked up!