The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Blue Jade: The Pedal Steel Project at Kickstarter
Michael Remming

Kimberly, Idaho, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2012 6:21 am    

Can't wait looking forward to hearing everyone especially Buck and JD.

Alvin Blaine

Picture Rocks, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 6:00 pm    

12 days left!!
It hit the goal to start the project so now is a good time to make a pledge and get your pre-order in for this album.
I have many albums that Steve has produced and I don't see how anyone, who loves steel guitars, wouldn't want this in their collection.

Fish

Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 12:59 am    

THANK YOU EVERYONE for helping us get into production! Thanks Alvin and everyone who has supported this project with the help of "Kickstarter."

SESSION UPDATE: Join pedal steel titans JAYDEE MANESS, NORM HAMLET & guitar phenom ALBERT LEE in the studio all day Thursday September 6th in Los Angeles. You can attend this historical studio event by pledging $250 to this project. Five seats available.

Here's a link to the "Kickstarter" project: "Blue Jade: The Pedal Steel Guitar Project." http://tinyurl.com/6scogte or you can learn more here: http://www.musicpi.com/albertnormjaydee.html

If you can't attend a session, please consider helping to fund this album by "pre-ordering" a copy through "Kickstarter" before August 19th.

thanks again!

Steve Fishell

Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 5:08 am    

Smile

Fish

Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 7:00 am    

Coming soon to a studio in Nashville, TN: Buck Reid. Very Happy

Thanks for everything Mr. Reid!

Steven Finley

California, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2012 12:00 pm     Reply to Jim

Actually, there is one more detail to attend to; that is to thank B0b for the SGF--and remind the producers to send Bob his usual percentage.
I am sure all the members realize that this project might not have happened without the SGF as a platform for raising the funds.

Congrats on meeting the goal, and I am sure we all look forward to hearing the finished product.
According to the numbers, there is an excess of funds so sending Bob his usual percentage is not only possible, but also proper.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2012 4:30 pm    

That's probably between Fish and b0b and, while the forum is a fantastic place and b0b deserves many kudos- my personal opinion is that I don't think that it's the business of anyone else here to police what goes on financially between any member and our trusted leader.

Fish

Post  Posted 9 Aug 2012 4:33 pm    

Steven,

In regards to your earlier post on page one of this thread, Cliffie Stone has, I'm sad to report, left this world for a better place.

Regarding Bob Lee and and this pedal steel project entitled "Blue Jade," thank you Steven for reminding me about the importance of manners.

Bobby and I spoke on the phone months ago about this project, long before it was announced. He has supported it 110% since the very beginning, and I would like to publicly thank him again right now for his invaluable help in getting it off the ground. Also, he and I have reached a satisfactory understanding about the profits from this album.

I'd like to state here and now that this project's profits will ALL be donated to a very worthy charitable cause. Kickstarter rules don't permit me to say where the money is going. I will make that announcement here on the forum - someday soon.

NO ONE is profiting from this album. Period.

AND, if you think there is going to be Kickstarter money left over with an $11,000 recording budget, then you've never produced a union record - in two different states.

I've been a member of this forum for many years and I love it, but when I started this album I didn't intend or expect that the SGF would be the sole source of its support. Kickstarter has been absolutely miraculous. To be honest, 90% of the support for this album has come from outside this forum. And this has been a good thing; it has proven that the world at large loves the pedal steel guitar enough to pledge towards such a project, a recording that no label would ever fund, I can assure you. Again I say, thank you to every forum member who has made a pledge thus far.

I hope this helps your understanding about where the heart of this project lies Steven. There is still time - before August 18th - for YOU to make a $10 pre-order pledge at Kickstarter. Very Happy

respectfully,

Steve Fishell

Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2012 5:16 pm    

Fish wrote:
NO ONE is profiting from this album. Period.

Miss Taggart, I can proudly say that in all of my life I have never made a profit !

Fish

Post  Posted 9 Aug 2012 5:28 pm    

Earnest

Harrumph!!

Fish

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2012 5:36 am    

The weight of the world, Ernest? Smile

Eli Hall

Lousville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2012 8:39 am    

I just kicked in some scratch for this project. I can't wait to hear the results. Thank you Steve for putting in the time and dedication to make it happen.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2012 9:04 am    

steven finley..now would be a great time for you to help. send b0b a big check!

Eli Hall

Lousville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2012 10:18 am    

Good idea Chris. I just donated to the forum. Didn't hurt a bit.

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2012 8:54 am    

Actually, thanks to Steve Finley's post in the other thread, I'm now in for a CD of "Blue Jade." Nice title, by the way.

Goes to show that a little controversy among friends/publicity can be a good thing.

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2012 11:05 am    

I sent in my donation and looking forward to the CD.
Great idea !

David Mason

Cambridge, MD, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2012 12:32 pm    

Quote:
This is such a fantastic project! Is there anything else that we as the steel guitar community can do to further it along?
- J.P.

Lobby to keep all the singers, six-string guitar solos, fiddle solos, bass solos, and sax solos where they belong - on albums by fiddlers, singers, sax maniacs, bass players and guitarists. Did you even know there is something called "rhythm steel playing?" But it can only be heard by the the ham-fisted "pianist" parked in 87.5% of the midrange.

(getting the grumpin' done BEFORE my grapes turn sour)

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2012 12:55 pm    

Looks like we missed the Top 10 for now, anyway...
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kickstarters-10-biggest-success-stories-180917980.html

Eli Hall

Lousville, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2012 5:46 pm    

Really? 10 million bucks for a stupid watch and we can't even raise $11,000 for a steel guitar album? They can have their stinkin watch!

Fish

Post  Posted 22 Aug 2012 4:18 pm    

Thank you everyone who contributed to this project. Special thanks go out to Bobby Lee!

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 5:18 am    

We did three tunes yesterday with JayDee, Norm Hamlet, and Albert Lee. Skip Edwards on keys, Greg Leisz on acoustic rhythm, Jim Christie on drums and I played bass. You're going to want this CD (not necessarily for the bass playing, I had the easiest job there by far). I think our studio guests got their money's worth. Norm, Albert and JayDee did a lot of playing over the course of the day and only so much can end up on the CD. Some pretty good jokes and stories were told as well.

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 5:47 am    

Peter Freiberger wrote:
Some pretty good jokes and stories were told as well.

Including some of those would make interesting cuts on the CD, in addition to the music.

Jim Palenscar

Oceanside, Calif, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 6:58 am    

I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the LA session yesterday and the music that I heard played had me grinnin' from ear to ear. Jay Dee and Norm totally knocked it outta the park and laid down some tracks that will ultimately be on the must have list of all devotees to this wonderful instrument. Serious thanks go out to Steve Fishell for doing such a wonderful job and creating such a project as well as Skip Edwards, Jim Cristie, Peter Freiburger, Greg Leisz, and Albert Lee.

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 8:47 am    

Glad to hear about the LA session. I would love to have been there to hear our friend Norm git 'er done!

Peter Freiberger

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2012 11:37 am    

Norm showed up with a fire engine red LeGrande III and Nashville 1000 amp and sounded great! Getting to hang out with him was a treat.