The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bob Kramer
Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2002 12:50 pm    

was on the CMT show about pedal steel guitars. He showed how the instrument works and the credit line said he was a member of the Country Music Hall Of Fame. I'm ashamed to admit I've never heard of him....anyone have any more information or background on him ??

Regards, Paul

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2002 12:54 pm    

I've never heard of him either, but I thought he just worked at the Hall of Fame Museum, and not a member. I'll have to run through my tape again to see what was said about him.

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2002 4:17 pm    

Bob Kramer is an employee of the "Hall of Fame", not a member, being an employee pays a lot better than being a member. I wonder if I could be an employee of the "Steel Guitar Hall of Fame" , and what does this organization pay? Yep, better to be an employee, I think I'd rather have the money than a plaque on the wall at the bottom of a hotel that nobody sees but once a year and won't look like me anyway.( I know they'd spell my name wrong too!) Something I'll never have to worry about. I love steel guitar.I'd better, it's to late to change professions now,so I shouldn't work for the hall of fame anyhow! Anybody need any strings?
Russell Stoverover
Grand Wizard, third degree
Pulaski Tenn.

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 20 August 2002 at 05:18 PM.]

Nick Reed

Russellville, KY USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2002 7:18 pm    

Bob played with Stonewall Jackson for awhile. He picks purty good! I saw him at the Trobadour Theatre one night on the midnight Jamboree. But, he seems to be an extremely nervous person when playing. I noticed he squrms, makes faces & moves around alot while playing. He would point at each other band member when they were suppose to play during the song. NR

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2002 7:29 pm    

Being band leader for the nite on a live radio show might make me nervous too.But maybe he just had just to much coffee?

Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2002 7:46 pm    

I've known Bob for years and he's played my insrtument plenty of times. I never noticed any nervousness. Maybe there were too many girlfriends in the room who knows.

Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2002 6:55 pm    

Thanks, Everyone !! I was afraid I had missed someone else. Pulaski ?? Wasn't that where the B-24's bombed the H out of you know who in WWII ??

Bobbe: Now that you mention it I do need some string. The yellow stuff that goes in a G-120 pedal.......I don't know what the guage is ???

Regards, Paul

[This message was edited by Paul Graupp on 21 August 2002 at 07:57 PM.]