The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking For A PSG Mechanic
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2002 3:49 pm    

I am interested in converting my Kline U-12 from E9/B6 to Extended E9. I would like a good mechanic who is familar with the single tree mechanics of a Kline, if at all possible. Joe Kline, unfortunately, is no longer building guitars and is supposed to be living in Florida somewhere, so sending it back to the factory is not an option. I will be in Nashville on Aug. 30 & 31, returning home on Sept. 1. Anyone in that area that could turn it around while I am there? I am making several extra pull rods which will be needed.

[This message was edited by George Kimery on 17 August 2002 at 05:24 AM.]

Bob Hayes

Church Hill,Tenn,USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2002 7:39 am    

Contact Bryan Adams in Mountain City,Tn. He IS THE MASTER Mech. of Emmons and also Sho Bud...and can probably do it...If he has time in his busy schedule...
Grouchyvet

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2002 1:32 pm    

Hey Bob, I knew that Brian was the guru on Emmons, but I don't know if he will want to touch this or not. I might call him and see if I could take it up and let him see what is involved. Also, I have realized that I will need some spare "single tree" connectors, so until I can come up with these, there is no way to proceed. When I loose the B6 tuning, I may be able to steal one or two from it. I haven't worked that out yet. Otherwise, I will have to see if a forum member knows how to get in touch with Joe Kline to see if he or someone he knows might have some spare single tree connectors laying around.

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2002 1:41 pm    

You may also want to contact Johnny Cox in Nashville. He's extremely detailed and won't settle until its perfect. Contact Johnny at:

Chick Donner

North Ridgeville, OH USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2002 10:00 am    

You may want to check with Dave Decker, who is a regular on this forum. He worked for/with Joe Kline for lotsa years, and plays Kline today. He is in Canton Oh. I have no idea if he's be interested, but he certainly knows the guitars.