The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SuperBro/Nashville 400 Settings
Jim Eller

Kodak, TN (Michigan transplant)
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2002 4:41 pm    

I recently purchased a new Goodrich SuperBro and have tried it with my Nashville 400 and it still leaves something to be desired.

It seems like the sound is there but it is buried in something. It takes a lot of volume to bring anything out.

I use a DD5 delay also. I've tried it on and off.

I've tried it with my Legrande II with Lawrence pickup and a Legrande III with George-L. They sound about the same.

Can anyone offer any advise on amp settings and SuperBro settings? Or, anything else?

I am not expecting it to sound like my Scheerhorns.

Thanks,
Jim

Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2002 5:51 pm    

Hi, Jim
I typically use a thinner tone setting than usual -- back off on the lows -- NO REVERB -- NO DELAY -- and set the Timbre on 3 or so and the Tone on 7 or so.

Use their plastic bar -- use bar slides instead of pedal slurs unless you're going for a PedABro ("Forever and Ever Amen") sound.

Works for me.

------------------
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
2000 Fessenden S-12 8x8, 1969 Emmons S-12 6x6, 1971 Dobro

Tom Ward

Port Charlotte, FL 33952
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2002 2:54 am    

Jim, I have the same system as you (Sho-Bud Super Pro, Nashville 400, Super-Bro). As Larry said, the Super-Bro settings work best at 3 and 7. To get a good dobro sound you have to turn OFF all delay, reverb and any other effects while using the Super-Bro.

On my Super-Bro I mounted a 1/4" female adapter INSIDE the Super-Bro with a grounding switch that will turn off the NV 400 reverb when I turn ON the Super-Bro. Of course you have to use a regular guitar cord that plugs into the rear of the NV 400. Since you have to flip two switches, I mounted the small slide switch on the top right side of the Super-Bro. You have to use the bar that comes with the Bro or try a wooden dowel rod cut same length (and diameter) as steel bar. Then play with the settings on the NV 400. The next trick is (as Larry says) don't use any more pedals than you have to and work on dobro licks. Good luck, Tom

[This message was edited by Tom Ward on 18 June 2002 at 03:59 AM.]