The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  The Msa Response
Rusty Hurse

Hendesonville, Tn
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2002 2:47 pm    

It is my personal opinion for what it is worth and to all the forum. The topic that Jim Molberg posted on the forum should not have been closed.The forum is a place for information about steel guitar, players and manufactures.Jim has been a gentleman and has not used any vulgar language and has been forth coming with his information.Everyone has a right to stated their opinion and I think that he has not been treated fairly when this topic was closed.The ignition started when the topic was closed by the moderator, but it is his forum.Sometimes facts are hard to accept, but this is why we have freedom of speech. There has been no slander of anyone, and I think that this is a true injustice to Jim Molberg.The forum for me is fun and to have fun with people, with a little humor mixed in.This has gone past fun now and I would like to have seen responses to this topic.Well if people cant post the truth or some people cant TAKE THE HEAT then get out of the forum.So from now on I think I will just sit back and watch for awhile cause I dont want to offend someone or maybe have my opinion snuffed.Personally I think more of you should spend more time on you guitars than on your computers,It is hard to type and run your mouths when you are playing and listening to your STEELS.That all FOLKS!

Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2002 3:27 pm    

Jim has a well documented case. I commend him for all he has done to inform the steel guitar community.
I would rather know what he said than not know it.

Mike Weirauch

Harrisburg, Illinois**The Hub of the Universe
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2002 4:31 pm    

Bobby Lee:

I have always and will continue to respect you and this forum. It is a thankless job that you have chosen to undertake and maintain with very few rewards. I have watched the MSA saga unfold on the forum and quickly fold and disappear each time. There are always two sides to each story with fact and fiction on both sides. Like Rusty, I feel that it is wrong to only allow one side of this story to be told. In your defense, I also know how quickly this could get out of hand. You and I have both been a party to running defense with problems of a much smaller nature here on the forum in the past. It was and still is a service to the forum members to know of any pit falls that might exist. I have heard parts of each side of this problem and as large as it may seem, it is an injustice to the forum to keep one side silent while the other side continues. Ignoring a potential problem does not make it disappear nor does it change anything that has already happened. It is no more slanderous or discrediting to allow both sides of a story to be told than to try and keep it silent and cause a world of curiosity and doubt. I don't see this as a lynch party but rather a fact finding mission. I'm not choosing sides as I could care less, I just want to see this treated fairly and in a respectable manner.

Mike Weirauch

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2002 4:40 pm    

My opinion is that "both sides of the story" have been aired. I can see no benefit to a heated discussion of the issue.

I have not deleted Jim Molberg's post. I have only squashed the wildfire that would inevitably follow if I were to leave it open. Both Jim and Reece have told their stories on their own web sites.

We have seen how this issue can tear the community apart. Last week, we saw the breakup of a long-standing friendship over words said on the Forum. People are not only taking sides on the issue - they are taking sides against their friends. I don't want to fuel that sort of thing.

I'm moving this topic to the "Feedback and Testing" area.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator