The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Happy Holidays From Sierra Steel Guitars!
Tom Baker

Molalla, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2011 2:05 pm    

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new website. We invite you to check it out at: www.sierrasteels.com. We have gifts to offer some of you Sierra owners. If you hate those pesky plastic knobs Sierra used to use, as much as we do, you definitely want to stop by our site.

We now have black anodized aluminum knobs to replace the L-knobs that were used to attach legs to the guitar as well as replacements for the plastic T-knobs used to mount the pedal bar and make height adjustments on the rear legs.

On the home page of our new website you’ll find pictures of the plastic knobs we’re replacing as well as pictures of the new black anodized knobs we want to send to you.

These knobs are not model specific. If the knobs you currently have, look like the plastic ones on our homepage we’ve got new ones for you at no charge. If you have a Session model guitar with knobs that look different from the plastic ones on our home page, these new knobs are not meant for you.

Getting your new knobs is as easy as filling out the form you’ll find on our website. Please use this form. We ask that you keep this as simple for us as possible and not call or email us regarding this knob replacement program, please use the form and we’ll send your knobs out as soon as possible. We intend to ship knobs out once a week but Tom is frequently on the road with the Boss’ band, so in some cases getting your knobs will take a little longer. This offer is good until Aug. 1, 2012

For all the rest of you steel players regardless of the brand you play. We ask that you check out the free lessons by our good friend Joe Wright that will be posted monthly on the Sierra site. Each month Joe will be posting a lap steel and a pedal steel lesson. This is a big opportunity for some high quality instruction from one of the best players and teachers there is.

Happy Holidays from all of us at Sierra Steel Guitars!

Last edited by Tom Baker on 13 Dec 2011 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2011 4:08 pm    

Cool! Good to hear from Sierra. Very Happy

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2011 5:25 pm    

....and what a nice gesture on your part to replace parts years old at no charge. I don't have one anymore, but I'm quite sure many proud Sierra owners will be taking you up on your offer. Many good Holiday wishes to the fine folks at Sierra and good to hear that the company is still going strong.

Tim Herbert

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2011 8:56 am    

Wait a minute - free replacement parts AND free lessons from Joe?? Yep, Christmas came early this year! Thanks to Ed and Tom, and glad to see you're getting back into the pedal guitars!

p.s. - the new website looks great.

Whip Lashaway

Monterey, Tenn, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2011 2:00 pm    

Tom, Great to hear from you. Hope everything is going well. Still tryin to wear out my Sierra's! I always said if you guys ever make a car, I want one! Merry Christmas and God Bless. Whip
Excel S12 8x9 blue
Excel S12 8x9 black

David Wright

Pilot Point ,Tx USA.
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2011 4:24 am    

Hi Tom,
Site looks Great!!!, Good to Hear from you... L@@K forward to the new Steel..)))

Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 11 Dec 2011 4:18 pm    

Great news and I still have my Purple and Black Sierra.

Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2011 1:00 am    

Just got my new T- and L-knobs from Sierra. They look and function so much better than the originals! Thanks! It is so refreshing to see a company that cares for its customers. Very Happy

Andrew Yanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2011 6:43 pm    

Just received my replacement knobs and could not be happier.You have made me a believer in the American way.You also will get high recommendations from me to all I come in contact with.My thanks to you all for a GREAT product.Andy

Mike Petryk

Waterford NY USA
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2011 6:46 am    

Thanks Tom! The replacement knobs are great. Perfect fit. I look forward to your upcoming products.
Regards,
Mike Petryk

Tony Glassman

The Great Northwest
Post  Posted 24 Dec 2011 7:22 am    

Tom, glad to see "Sierra" is back in the game. Having built and repaired many guitars during my tenure there (when Don owned the company), Sierra will always have a special place in my heart.

Werner Friedrich

Germany
Post  Posted 28 Dec 2011 6:05 am     SIERRA Knobs

Hello SIERRA Owners,

just receiving the Knobs to Day ! God Job Tom !!
Wishing all Forumers a Happy New Year and Fun with
SIERRA Steel Guitars!
Greetings from Germany, Werner

Gary Cosden

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2012 7:03 am    

Question: Are these replacement knobs for the folding legs only or are they for the knobs that you use to attach the pedal rack and adjust the length of the rear legs?

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2012 1:18 pm    

Sierra does have the T-knobs used for pedal bar mounting and rear leg adjustment.

as per the announcement at the top:

"These knobs are not model specific. If the knobs you currently have, look like the plastic ones on our homepage we’ve got new ones for you at no charge. If you have a Session model guitar with knobs that look different from the plastic ones on our home page, these new knobs are not meant for you"

all the info needed is at their website

Gary Cosden

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2012 1:24 pm    

I received mine and they are really nice. Thank you!
I am looking forward to seeing whatever you guys are cooking up for your new steel model to say the least!

Larry Cummings

Oregon, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2012 8:32 am     The Sierra Steel Guitar

I am on my third Sierra and loved everyone one of them. The people at Sierra have always been there to take care of any of my needs for my guitar.Tom has always exceeded my expectation.Kuodos SIERRA and Tom.

Tom Campbell

Houston, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2012 7:27 am    

"Take a bow" Tom Baker and Sierra. I received my knobs today. Looking forward to the "New Sierra" offerings! Many thanks for their superb service over the years.

Billy Webb

Oroville, Cal. USA
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2012 10:20 am     replacment knobs

Hey Tom!!!! Thank you, Thank you. Received the knobs Monday, What a fantastic gesture, thank you for keeping up the SIERRA tradition of excellence. I have two sierra's and a Chuck Wright Custom, and they are my prize possessions, I also have an Emmons black P/P, cant tell much difference in sound. Thanks again TOM, BILLY WEBB

Craig Schwartz

McHenry IL
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2012 4:09 pm     New knobs

Tom, Thank you for the new quality knobs , A stamped T B under my guitar next to all them numbers made my day, every time I play this guitar I wondered who made this thing , Tom I`m very impressed, the quality parts, machining, and intense perfection that went into this guitar are incredible, It is hands down the smoothest guitar I`ll probably ever play, I`m gonna brag about that Tom Baker at Sierra Guitars, Thanks again

Craig

Tom Baker

Molalla, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2012 2:54 pm     Sierra Knob Replacements

Happy Holidays Everyone,

Sierra still has nice anodized aluminum replacements for the pesky plastic leg and pedal bar knobs found on Sierra Crown series and earlier Sierra Steel models.

Our offer of free knobs expired on August 31, 2012. We cannot continue to offer them for free, but we are happy to offer them to Sierra players at our cost. The price for both the L & T style knobs is $20 per set of 4. Shipping and Handling is $5.95

To learn more about these replacement knobs or to place an order, please visit: www.sierrasteels.com.

While you're there we invite you to take one of the free lessons from Joe Wright that we have posted on the "Lessons" page.

Best Wishes to all of you and your families from Sierra Steel Guitars

Kurt Schrotenboer

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2013 7:38 pm     Re: Sierra Knob Replacements

[quote="Tom Baker"]Happy Holidays Everyone,

Sierra still has nice anodized aluminum replacements for the pesky plastic leg and pedal bar knobs found on Sierra Crown series and earlier Sierra Steel models.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish I could restore my 1999 Sierra Session S12 to the original pedal and knee lever condition. I need mechanical diagrams and or pictures of the underside so I can see in detail how it should be. The generic manual doesn't come close to what I need to know. Can't order parts without knowing what it is missing. Any help will be so much appreciated.
Boss BR1600
1971 Marshall Super Tremolo
ASCAP member
www.accordionkeyboardservice.com

Craig Schwartz

McHenry IL
Post  Posted 18 Feb 2013 4:41 am     sierra pics

Hi Kurt , If you scroll down on this page I`m giving you , you`ll see some great pics of the mechanichs, I dont know if you could zoom in on them , but I`m sure theres a way, here you go I hope this helps....

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=215220&sid=dfc3da3b29a26bd861bfe89108f27f79