The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Circa 1946 Gibson ES 300
Steve Mueller

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2011 2:48 pm    

Circa 1946 Gibson ES 300 archtop, owned since early 70's, purchased in Cincinnati from my teacher, Lloyd Hazelbaker. Original to the best of my knowledge except for the following: 1) pick guard missing - I bought it without one - apparently these were made of a brittle type plastic at the time and very few of this type have survived, 2) I replaced the keys with Grovers in the 70's but kept the originals, one had been replaced, 3) I replaced the bridge with an adjustable - I have the original, and 4) case is a hardshell Gibson case I bought in the 70's. The pickup and tailpiece are somewhat unique but to the best of my knowledge are also original. The sticker on the inside is missing so I don't have a serial number but from Gibson literature is most likely 1946. I have additional photos I can email. My email address is: steve_m@camargoinsurance.com. It's a lovely guitar, very playable, currently strung with D'Addario flatwound Jazz Chrome 11's. Price is $1950. If you're not within a reasonable distance, will split shipping and insurance costs.