The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Profex 1 and Tubefex setting for steel
David Hartley

Post  Posted 30 Nov 2011 11:30 am    

Has anyone got a list of presets for the Profex 1 and Tubefex.

This is a request from a steel player who is not a forum member so I am asking on his behalf.

My email is mr.davidhartley@btinternet.com if it's a document you have to email me..

Thanking you..
David

Lane Gray

Topeka, KS
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2011 2:51 pm    

Pretty sure that Jack Stoner's values would work, even though they're from the PFII.
Have a thread from a bit ago.: bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=214568

In fact a brief googling shows that the Tubefex guys use PFII patches a lot, from looking at their sites

PS: I like your playing a bunch. Great stuff on the YouTube

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2011 3:42 pm    

I have some Transtube Fex/TubeFex specific programs on my web site. They are a listing only and will have to be manually programmed, but not that hard. I developed and used these with a Transtube Fex that I had. When I got my TransTube Fex there were no Steel Guitar programs for the Tube/Transtube Fex units.

Click on the button for "Peavey Fex Program Listings".

http://www.gulfcoaststeelguitar.com/

Ellis Miller

Cortez, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2011 8:01 am    

You can load the Jeff Neuman settings into the Transtube Fex or Tubefex. They are the same settings as they would be in a Profex II with the tube effect omitted.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2011 8:15 am    

If you just use the Profex II programs "as is" and do not modify them to at least add the analog Tube/TransTube preamp to them it is a waste. The main thing the Tube/TransTube units have going for them is they have the programmable tube/analog preamp that the Profex II did not have.

I tried the Profex II programs without modification and also tried them by adding the analog preamp and neither were satisfactory. Thus the reason I created my own Tube/TransTube Fex steel programs.

Landon Johnson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2019 8:06 am     Sorry to revive this old thread... Jack Stoner?

but hey I am doing my research!

I've tried a couple places where Jack Stoner has posted where some TubeFex presets are...both are now, not surprisingly, dead links.

I have recently acquired a Session 2000 and would very much like to try some of these fabled 'Newman presets'...

Is there a way for me to get them eight years down the road? Oh - and how do I get them into the Session 2000's memory? No USB here... Smile

There is precious little info on this amp and I believe I have read almost every post over the last 20 years concerning the amp.

Thank you!

Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2019 10:35 am    

http://steelguitarforum.com/profexii.pdf
Landon, Jacks settings were moved to the top of the electronics page and are a PDF file. I don't know the Peavey 2000 but if it's programming is like the Profex ll then these will give you a basic start. I had the memory card and loaded them in my Profex ll but found they have to be tweaked for my Session 400 and whatever steel I used. The link above is the PDF.