The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Replica Blackguard-era Broadcaster and Telecasters FS
Tim McDuff

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Nov 2011 10:25 am    

Recently I completed the "Blackguard" Broadcaster pictured below. This guitar was a commission that I undertook beginning late last summer. It's a hybrid guitar in the sense that many of the components are actual relics from Fender dating to the early 1950's and the remaining hardware are sourced from the best modern suppliers I could find today. This guitar is lightweight (~7.00 Lbs) and has a robust V shaped neck. The tuners are modern staggered that don't require a headstock string-guides to lower the string angle. The pick guard is made of thick Bakelite, the switch a vintage CRL phenolic resin, the wire is recovered from a vintage radio, screws are all slotted.. As I'm finishing up this guitar now and preparing to send it to its new owner I would like to begin a new production. Preferably another "Blackguard" similar to the one I have included in the photos. I like to provide the full context, so I also acquired a period appropriate case with simulated aging to match the guitar. The cost of the guitar and case(if desired)can vary depending on component choices. If this is something that you may be interested in or have any questions my feel free to contact me via PM. Thank you.

PHOTOS:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150379013617108.348915.517387107&type=1&l=22565ad141