The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ( Justice Steel Guitars ) and ( Weldon Myrick )
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 2:45 pm    

Hi folks, it is with great pride and excitement for me to announce that Mr. Weldon Myrick has joined the Justice Steel Guitar family.
I've been talking with Weldon for about a week now and today he ordered a new Justice D-10 with 8 X 4.
I'm so excited and flabbergasted with the honor of building Weldon a guitar, I'm still pinching myself.
Weldon has chose a black D-10 with the split front of turquoise ripple over black, that is a beautiful color combination.

I must confess that Brenda and I both have been praying for the Lord to send us a notable player to help in our advancement, and he answered our prayers in a BIG BIG way, thank you Lord.
I'm really looking forward to a long and prosperous relationship with Weldon Myrick, thank you Weldon!!!

Last edited by Fred Justice on 20 Oct 2011 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total

Mark Frederick

The Great State of Arizona
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 3:43 pm    

Wow!! Fred, my friend, congratulations! Let me say that again ... congratulations! That is fantastic. You know what I think of your guitar and I know Mr. Weldon Myrick will be extremely pleased with his new JUSTICE. Again, congrats. All the best to you and Mrs. Fred.

Mark

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 4:13 pm    

Fred, that's as good as it gets right there. Congrats to you and Weldon!

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 4:17 pm    

Welcome Weldon to the JUSTICE family of steel guitars.Should you choose to come to Az to pick it up or come to our steel show in Jan.,there will be a seat left for you on the Triton 19 footer,we will catch some fish if you want to go Smile Wink
Ray

Jeff Spencer

Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 4:34 pm    

Well Fred from what I have heard about your guitars - why would'nt he get one.
Congrats
J

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 5:36 pm     Mercy!

Fred,
Wow...You have a VERY tall order to fill there and based upon what I've seen, you're just the builder to handle it! Smile Congratulations and I'd be honored to have you pass on one of my BIG Tuning Wrenches to Weldon as a small token of my appreciation for all the fine steel playing he let me see/hear all the years on the Opry! I'll get one out for his new Justice Steel Guitar tomorrow. As the old sayin' goes Fred, "Do Good, Get Good!" Wink Your bud, Carl

Last edited by Carl Williams on 15 Oct 2011 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wally Moyers

Lubbock, Texas
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 6:31 pm    

Congrats Fred! Weldon is a great player and a West Texan I might add....Half of what I play was inspired by him. He was very nice and helpful to me in my Nashville days. Weldon is also a great Christian man.... Last time I saw him was when I was living in Branson, he was playing a steel show there.. Does he still do many shows, I would love to hear him play live again...

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 8:05 pm    

Absolutely none better than my hero and one of my few mentors Weldon Myrick!
Weldon is a pedal steel guitar master. Most players still cannot copy or figure out how Weldon played the intro to Connie Smith's recording of "I'll Come Running", me included.
We all (pedal steel officianados)still listen to Weldon's work on so many hits.
Weldon has the most kind spirit with honesty and integrity of anyone I've ever met.
Good on you Fred!

Last edited by Tommy White on 15 Oct 2011 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2011 8:05 pm    

Well, I double clicked. Not really sorry though, as it can't be said enough. Weldon is the man Very Happy

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 2:31 am    

I'll have to agree with everyone about Weldon. Other than Emmons, I've probably "tried" to copy as many of Weldon's licks as any other steeler.

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 3:57 am    

Good morning guys, thank you all for your positive comments.

Wally, yes in deed Weldon is a Texan and a fine Christian man as well. Its such a honor to know he'll be playing one of my guitars soon.

Carl, absolutely send the BIG tuning wrench, I'll be glad to put it in Weldon's case.

Tommy, what a thrill it must have been growing up around Weldon and all the other fine steel players in Nashville at that time.

I've built one other guitar with the color combination Weldon ordered. here is a snap shot of it.

Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 6:47 am    

Wow Fred! Congratulations that Weldon chose one of your fine instruments. I'm sure he will not be disappointed! Weldon truly is one of the greatest to ever sit behind a steel guitar; I echo everything Tommy W. posted. Way to go, Fred! Jody

Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 7:56 am     Whew.

Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUCXf5ecjtI
I also echo Tommy & Roger as well. That is as good as it gets, & Weldon is the man.

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 7:58 am    

To coin a phrase,
"Here come the judge, here come the judge …."

Hook Moore

South Charleston,West Virginia
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 8:33 am    

Congradulations Fred !

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 8:48 am    

Fred
That is a real coup for your company.

Weldon is a true legend when the word is terribly over-used. I remember being absolutely knocked out by Weldon's playing on the two Area Code 615 albums when they came out. Seems a lifetime ago now, but the playing is still very fresh and original. He is a great endorser for any steel guitar company.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 9:52 am    

Fred,When do we get to see a Pic?
Winking
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Dave Grafe

Hudson River Valley NY
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 10:09 am    

Excellent, Mr. Myrick was instrumental in my taking up the burden of the PSG and I'm always happy to hear news of his exploits. That's a stunningly beautiful guitar as well!

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 11:35 am    

Fred.......One of my heroes is going to have a fine guitar.....even though I've never seen one of your guitars up close and personal....I've heard the praises of it from several who do have them. Weldon is one of the top steelers in the world....and a good friend. Good luck. I sure do like the color combination, too.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Clark Doughty

KANSAS
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 1:05 pm     ( Weldon Myrick ) and ( Justice Steel Guitars )

Congrats Fred! As a newbie let me chime in here to say I really love my Justice guitar and from what I can tel it's one of the best made guitars you can buy today with all the other attributes that come with a top quality guitar. clark

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 1:21 pm    

Congrats Fred!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all goes well with you and Weldon.

Donna

Greg Moody

Branson Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2011 8:04 pm    

Fred You are the man.I believe in your guitars and both of mine are sounding and playing great with no issues.I'm playing 3 shows a day right now so they are getting a good workout.congrats to you and Weldon,I know he will love his new guitar and it will look and sound awesome.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2011 8:46 am    

Great news Fred, I'm proud of you. Just keep on Keeping on. Larry

Dennis Lee

Forest Grove, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2011 8:51 am     Wow!

I am very happy for you, Fred. Your craftsmanship is superb. There is nothing that you cannot create, from beautiful pedal steel guitars to top-notch speaker enclosures, cases, and the like. Congratulations my friend!

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2011 3:50 am    

It got back to me that one of the first things Fred asked him was "You ain't related to that guy in Pea Ridge are you" ? -- Laughing Way to go man--he'll do you proud !!!