The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Original 1935 Martin 000-18 Guitar
Brian Echenberg

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2011 1:58 pm    

Nice Vintage 000-18 unaltered. There are 2 closed cracks in the side that can be shown in a picture. Frets have wear and look original. Neckset and action is very good and does not need a neckset. Sound is superb. Original case. Please email for pics or more info if you are interested in buying this guitar. Would consider a partial trade for a nice acoustic or electric guitar. Price is $13500. fredechenberg@yahoo.ca

Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2011 6:09 am    

I wish I had a need for a guitar like this. I played one of that vintage once and could feel the vibrations through my entire body when I strummed it. Haven't ever had that experience with another guitar. Close, but not quite. There can't be too many left that haven't been altered at some point.

Jack DiFranco

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2011 7:21 pm    

I have a 1944 with scalloped braces. The thing sounds amazing. Huge and open with a nice base and a wonderful top end. It is astonishing the difference in these pre-war ( or in the case of mine, during the war) guitars compared to their modern versions -- a night and day difference. I guess that's why they are worth the big bucks!!

Tom Higgins

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2011 4:30 pm    

Hi,
To sell a guitar in this range,an inspection/appraisal by an expert would be a big help.Is the bridge original?...bridge plate?Has it been refinished.How high is the action,has the bridge been shaved,and does the saddle have any room left for adjustment?Any intelligent buyer would want to know all this and more,before pulling the trigger.

Brian Echenberg

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2011 6:33 am     martin

I don't understand, Are you a prospective buyer and are asking all these questions or are you saying any potential buyer WOULD have to know the answers, thanks Brian