The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Western Swing Authority CD.....
Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2011 7:31 am    

In the classic style of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, and inspired by great bands like The Time Jumpers and Asleep at the Wheel, this sound of classic Americana comes direct from Canada!

The Western Swing Authority is a unique collaboration of some of Canada’s top studio and touring musicians who share a common love for authentic western swing. In the recent telecast of the National CCMA Awards Show, fiddle player, Shane Guse won the 2011 CCMA Fiddle Player of the Year & Peewee Charles (aka Ed Ringwald), 2011 Steel Guitar Player of the year... A group of seasoned professionals whose bios include multiple Canadian Country Music Awards, Juno nominations, and resumes that span from Gordon Lightfoot, to Kellylee Evans to George Canyon, to The Arrogant Worms. Since April of 2009, The Western Swing Authority has been drawing big crowds to their regular Tuesday night gig at The Commercial Tavern, in Maryhill, Ontario, Canada. Now with the success of their debut album, they are bringing their music to people all around the world.

The Western Swing Authority recreates the sound that attracted crowds to the dancehalls of Texas, Oklahoma and California in the 1930’s and 40’s, and has continued in popularity to present day.

Since the release of the album in July 2010, The Western Swing Authority has enjoyed great reviews and radio airplay in 17 different countries including Canada and The US. WSA is going into record a new cd in November with some great originals....Watch for it!!!

The Western Swing Authority CD is available on line, as well check outr some great video clips of Oklahoma Stomp, Cherokee Boogie & Paddy on the Turnpike.. http://www.thewesternswingauthority.com/

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2011 9:46 pm    

HELLO PEEWEE,

I enjoyed listening to a few of the tunes played by The Western Swing Authority.

"Oklahoma Stomp" is one of my all time favorite Western Swing tunes. Cool

ROGER

Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2011 1:39 pm    

Ed, I would LOVE to be at the studio to watch and listen to you guys record. Hope we can line something up. I practically wore out the first CD...

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2011 5:02 am     Hey Bent

I'm sure that could be arranged......run it by all the guys.....thanks for the support.....Be using the new Showpro this sesssion....