The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steel Guitar Tribute For Jack Kondora
Joe Jones

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2011 9:13 am    

Hello my name is Ronnie Fisk. I'm having a steel guitar show in honor of Jack Kondora who recently passed away it will be at the moose lodge 8 miles south of harrison on hwy 7 south turn right on hwy 206 .2 of mile on right.have already got schedule filled.we will use the time between sets for people who would like to say a few words in his honor. Starting time is 10:00 a.m. July 9 2011. any questions contact me at 870 754 9747.

Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 26 May 2011 9:23 am    

This is really sad news, I did not know Jack died. I took Jack's place playing steel in "The Cross" gospel show, when Jack cut his fingers with the table saw. Jack stopped by my shop in Ozark many times to talk steel guitar. Jack was a great player and a good person. Please let Billy the fiddle player know how sad I feel. Also Harold from Kingston, Ark.

Dale Thomas

West Branch, IA
Post  Posted 28 May 2011 8:18 pm     Jack Kondora

I too am learning of Jack's passing through this thread. Jack and I were young
steelers in the Cedar Rapids Iowa area years ago. We've kept in touch through
emails and yearly visits at the Dallas show. I'll remember him as a kind, humble man who loved steel guitar. Dale Thomas

Bob Hempker

Goodlettsville, TN.
Post  Posted 29 May 2011 12:07 pm    

This is really sad news. Jack was a class act in every aspect. I played at the Moose in Harrison once, and Jack came out there. He was there the next Sat. with a band, then I came back the following Sat. after he had played there. I had lost me cache card for my profex II in the meantime. I had pretty much written it off. Jack came in and pulled a cache card out of his pocket, and asked if it was mine. He found it after I had been there. Anyone else wouldn't have had a clue what it was. The Good Lord was watching over me, when he had another steel player, Jack, find it. I was really lucky on that one. Jack will be missed by all of us.

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2011 5:34 am    

I will be there to honor my friend Jack.
Jerry

Ron Plumlee

Salem, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2011 5:41 am     Jack Kondora Tribute

An opportunity to honor Jack Kondora, a good friend and mentor of the steel guitar. July 9th will be here soon. A lot of steel guitar in July. 9th in Harrison, 17th in Biggers AR, and the big one,29-31st in Branson.

Eddie Lane

Branson, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2011 5:13 pm    

I am looking forward to playing at this show Jack was a good friend. Thanks for the invitation.

Terry Bethel

Hollister, Missouri (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2011 10:45 am     Jack

I met Jack about 8 years ago, he was playing a jam session at Ashley Music store in Harrison Arkansas.
He was a great man as well as a great steel player.
He would come to the OzSGA jams at the community center and I always tried to sit and talk with him.
It will be my honor to play at the memorial for Jack Kondra.
Terry Bethel
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...

Ron Plumlee

Salem, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2011 7:11 pm     Tribute for Jack Condora

A reminder of the Tribute Show for Jack Condora this Saturday at the Moose lodge-Harrison. Also the Five Rivers Steel Guitar Assn, will have it's next jam on July 17 at 1PM at the old Biggers school auditorium North of Pocahontas. There was no jam in June .
The Empty Pockets Band will be doing backup. There is plenty of room for steel players or if you just enjoy listening to good country music, a great way to spend Sunday afternoon. We will try to post a tentative players list next week. For more info contact me or Leroy Wilkerson at 870-892-8157.

Ron Plumlee

Salem, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2011 7:00 pm     Tribute for Jack Kondora

A great tribute for Jack Kondora (sorry i spelled Kondora wrong in the last post,)
Ron