The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  TN/VA Steel Jam, Weber City, Va May 28th
Tony Dingus

Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 May 2011 5:45 pm    

Mike Archer told me about you guys needing directions, sorry I've takin' so long and we appreciate the prayers for my wife's uncle. He's home and doing some better. If you're traveling on I-81 take Exit 57B, I-26 West/US23 North . This will take you to the Va state line. Just follow the signs. US 23 picks up at the state line and Weber City's a couple of miles up the road and watch your speed when you go thru there. They like writing tickets. Turn right onto Wadlowgap Hwy/58 E, go about 2 tenths of a mile and turn left onto Bristol Hwy which still 58 E. The Spot 1490 Bristol Hwy, is the name of the place we're having it and it's about 1 mile on the right, Spot storage is right beside it. I hope all this makes sense to you all. We will be using tracks only and we'll open the doors around 10am and go to about 5 or 6 pm. Bring your steels and come out. There is a couple of restuarants in Weber City and a Food City has a deli. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Tony[/i]

Last edited by Tony Dingus on 17 May 2011 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Steve Leonard

Bristol,VA.,U.S.A
Post  Posted 17 May 2011 1:04 am    

Tony, Glad to hear your wife's uncle is doing better.
I wish I could make the jam but Kim and I will be out of town celebrating our 29th aniversary on May 28th. Hope ya'll have a good one. Smile

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 17 May 2011 6:44 am     sounds good

ill be there if it be the good Lords will
cant wait!!!
we hope to get the jams back up every month or so so you guys watch the forum
ill try and contact as many as I can
we will be having a drawing to see who buys me lunch hehehehe

see you then Mike Archer Very Happy

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 17 May 2011 6:46 am     hey Steve

hey Steve
congrats on yours and Kims wedding anivers
we will miss you buddy!!
mabe next time
Mike Very Happy

Tony Dingus

Post  Posted 17 May 2011 8:13 am    

Hey Steve, congrats. My wife and I are working on 24 years. Maybe you can make the next one.

Tony

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 18 May 2011 9:28 am     bump

bump

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 May 2011 12:55 pm    

Tony glad every thing turned out OK.

Mike I think you should buy me dinner as I have a long drive ahead of me.

Steve Congratulations. Anna and I just had our 24TH May 9TH. I bought her a pair of Opel ear rings and we went to the Red Lobster for dinner.

WE are hopping to make the trip to try out the new Toyota Camry on gasoline.Where we would normally be staying with friends we won't be able to as they are in Massachusetts unless they get home before the Jam.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 18 May 2011 1:47 pm     hey Sam

hey Sam hope you guys get to come
glad your not selling your gear right now
bring your stuff and play!!
and see you 28th
Mike Very Happy

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 20 May 2011 8:00 am     bump

bump

Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 May 2011 10:29 am     Jam

I am planning on making it to this jam and I will be bringing many of my products, such as: strings, Hilton products, courses, CDs, DVDs and more as I have several specials going on now too.

I hope to see many of you there.

Herby Wallace

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 20 May 2011 10:56 am     great news Herby

great news Herby

he guys you dont want to miss this
I dont have to tell you Herby is tops in
his products and is a top notch player as well!!!

looking forward to it

Mike Very Happy

Gary Watkins

Bristol, VA
Post  Posted 20 May 2011 9:08 pm    

I think I'll be able to make this one!!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 May 2011 9:14 am    

I can not find the directions on Map Quest with out a correct address of the place where the Steel Jam is going to be.I will be coming in from Greeneville and I do be leave I will be taken 11 E to Johnson City and picking up I-26 West and then pick up US 23 then turn Right onto Wadlowgap HWY 58 and go about 2/10 TH of a mile and Turn on to Bristol HWY Still 58 East and the Spot 1490 Bristol HYW is about 1 Mile on the right.Do I have the directions correct.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 21 May 2011 9:16 am    

I can not find the directions on Map Quest with out a correct address of the place where the Steel Jam is going to be.I will be coming in from Greeneville and I do be leave I will be taken 11 E to Johnson City and picking up I-26 West and then pick up US 23 then turn Right onto Wadlowgap HWY 58 and go about 2/10 TH of a mile and Turn on to Bristol HWY Still 58 East and the Spot 1490 Bristol HYW is about 1 Mile on the right.Do I have the directions correct.Anna and I will be there and I will be playing Steel Guitar with out tracks.I can only play solo.
Sam White

Tony Dingus

Post  Posted 21 May 2011 9:26 am    

Hey Sam, that's right. I'll have signs out at the Wadlow Gap and Bristol Hwy intersection and at the Spot. Looking forward to seeing you.

Tony

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 23 May 2011 11:29 am     bump

bump

Kermit Monk

Greeneville, TN
Post  Posted 23 May 2011 6:44 pm    

Hey Mike,

I am going to come up and listen to all the good steel picking. Looking forward to it!

Kermit

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 24 May 2011 11:05 am    

It is getting closer guys. Anna and I will be staying with some friends in Greeneville Thursday and Friday nights and we will go to Rogersville to listen to good music that Gene Vance and the boys put on and then Friday night we will all go to the Out Doors Man club to see and hear Mike Archer play the great Emmons Steel Guitar of his.WE will be at the Jam Saturday and then Anna and I will leave for home around 3PM to 4PM and drive back home and be home for around 9;00 to 10;00 that evening.This Ford man has to try out the New 2011 Toyota Camry for comfort and fuel mileage.
See you all there Saturday.
Sam White

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 25 May 2011 7:28 am     hey Sam

hey Sam we will look for you real soon

doors open at 9.30 Tony sez!!

hehehehe

Mike Very Happy

Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2011 10:41 am    

I'll be passing through Weber City on the 28th on my way to Pound, VA. Our band is playing for the Heritage Days festival. If any of you can break away and scoot up the road a piece, we start about 8:00PM. I wish I had more time, I'd love to stop in and meet you great Forum brothers.

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 25 May 2011 12:19 pm     hey Roger

hey Roger
wish I could looks like we go till 6.00 pm
by that time ill be beat im sure
but have a great show
wish you could be with us!!
later Mike

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 May 2011 6:05 pm    

Well the weather does not look good for our trip out to the Steel Jam. Sorry Anna and I will not take the chance of getting caught in a Tornado coming thew the Mountains on RT 70 to Greenville.I have the car all loaded with the Steel and our Cloths for the 3 days we would have been there. Maybe next time as long as the weather is good.
Sam White

Tony Dingus

Post  Posted 25 May 2011 7:17 pm    

I don't blame you Sam. Hopefully we'll thru with these storms soon. Some of my friends in Ohio are dealing with them tonight. We'll have another one around fall.

Tony

Tony Dingus

Post  Posted 27 May 2011 5:41 pm    

Got word today that the air conditioner is not working so we'll bring some fans. Hopefully we'll stay comfortable. This is a smoke free building and no alcohol is allowed on the property. Looking forward to seeing everybody. Bring your steel on come on out.

Tony

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 29 May 2011 9:14 am    

Hi there Anna and I are now back home in Willow Spring N.C.. We got home at 8:30 PM and even stopped for Dinner.It took me 5 hours and 30 Min. to drive the trip of 353 miles. WE had a great time at the Jam.I'm a little disappointed in myself for getting nervous and missing some of the strings.When everyone went into the other room to eat I played like old boy gum. Anna said why did'nt you play like that when everyone was in the room with us.I told her stage fright.I want to thank Mike Archer,Tony Dingus,David Martin, Charlie Powell,and George Kimery for your support and having a nice steel Guitar Jam. Doc Anna and I will take you up on your offer if we get stuck for a place to stay. Thanks for your kindness.Keep up the good work guys and Anna and I will make it again in the fall.All you guys did a fantastic Job of playing. I will be getting better now that I learned something else I have been doing.I have to slow down as I'm playing to fast. Anna told me this when she heard me play when everyone went in the other room.It was nice to see and talk to Herby Wallace. Also it was nice to see and talk to G. GeFellers from Cross Guitar builder and Repair of Greeneville TN. He also builds a beutiful looking Resonator and in three sizes R M D. had a great time and we will do it again.Just keep the Jams going it is good fellowship and friendship.
Sam White