The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  National Guitar Resolectric
Greg Hoffmann

Colebrook, CT USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2000 8:17 am    

Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a National Resolectric. Wow!
What a sound. The only problem is I am used to a lower action. Any tricks to get the action down and still be able to play slide?
I have a 1968 Martin D-35 and that is the feel that I am used to.

Thank
Greg

Mike D

Phx, Az
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2000 9:26 am    

Hey greg, I havn't played a Resolectric but I made a "Resocaster" awhile back. It's essentially the same thing made from a Tele body. Since bisquit cone guitars are sensitive to changes in the break angle from the saddle to the tailpiece, and since you've got the mega-bucks Highlander p/u back there you might want to shim the neck to lower the action instead of messing with the saddle.

These guitars come with 11's and you can't get too low or you'll start knocking frets. You might want to play it awhile before deciding to change it.

I have just the two volume controls on mine, do you like the master volume? I've been thinking of adding one.

Greg Hoffmann

Colebrook, CT USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2000 4:48 pm    

Mike,
Thanks for the reply.The master volume is nice but I miss the the tone controls and the round knobs down below the pickguard so you can use your pinky finger to change the volume as you play. I guess you could do it with a pedal but I hate all that kind of stuff. By the way, I'm using a 1968 Twin Reverb with Weber VST 12" Texans. The speakers sound great. Not nearly as crunchy as I thought they would be.

Mike D

Phx, Az
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2000 6:37 am    

Ohh, the Twin must be nice. A couple weeks ago I worked backstage at a "blues Blast" put on by the local Blues Society. A freind was in charge and Fender loaned us a HotRod DeVille, Evil Twin, '59 Bassman (reissue) and we aso had a Vox AC30 (ugh! ( ) Plus my buddies '50s Pro and Delux Reverb. We got to "test" these amps the night before, of the Fenders I liked the DeVille far and away ther best. Those things just cook. The Bassman's tone was also excellent but it had no reverb. But that DeVille still gives me shivers