The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1930 National Triolian Roundneck Changes SOLD
John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2011 5:48 pm    

Hi guys,
This is a 1930 National Triolian Roundneck, that has had some major changes/repairs so please read carefully if interested. All work except a new decal was done before I got this so I can't vouch for the quality other than what I can see. Repainted (to a light green) from the original polychrome, neck is painted black on the back and peghead is refinished with a repro decal (I got the decal from a guy in Spain and it's pretty nice). Since the neck finish is opaque I can't really tell if there are additional neck repairs although there is a screw in the heel and that obviously isn't stock (if you take off the paint and find something you don't like,that will make it your problem!) Fingerboard replaced (unbound),truss rod added which is why there is a truss rod cover now. Replaced cover, not sure if cone is replaced or not. Action is pretty good in lower positions but pretty high at the 12th fret,making this more practical as a slide guitar and it has good volume. Original tuners, and the serial number (42P and patent pending) are visible on the end of the peghead. Intonation at the 12th fret is pretty sharp on the lower strings (not a full half-step but noticeable, improves as you get to the higher ones, and not a surprise since the bridge goes straight across which is how these were made. I got this some time ago when I thought I'd revive my attempts at bottleneck style but it mostly sits so time to find a new owner. Worth it as a blues guitar or maybe if you have the skills, a proper restoration piece. Has a TKL hard case. PRICE LOWERED TO $795 OBO including Fedex ground shipping, lower 48, I can ship outside US so email for a quote. Paypal or money order. Email me at jkally3@cox.net or PM, but I don't always get right to my PM so regular email is quicker. A few pics are included.

Last edited by John Kally on 31 Mar 2011 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2011 8:14 am     1930 National Triolian Roundneck Changes Price Drop

Bump with the lower price. Granted, you can get a Chinese resonator for less that will probably be in better shape, but this is an old US guitar that still has life in it. Thanks for looking.

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2011 4:10 pm     1930 National Triolian Roundneck Changes SALE PENDING

Sale pending. Donation will be coming once deal is completed. Thanks for your interest!

John Kally

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2011 3:12 pm     1930 National Triolian SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Donation sent. Thanks!