The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  GFI D10 keyless...new price
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2010 11:58 am    

Hey there anyone looking for a great keyless PSG with alumitone pickups, like new! Make me an offer. I bought it used 3/13/2010 and was diagnosed with cancer 3/31/2010?? I'm all set now, Dr Loree removed my tumor (while everyone was praying for me) and the tests on my lymph nodes came back negative, so I will live another 19 years, or die trying? I was born 2/5/1929 & for 6 months played my home made Epiphone triple neck on KMA radio in Shenandoah IA from March till August of 1950.
Bud Isaacs hadn't turned us steel pickers all around yet by then. My first pedal steel was a 6 string 4 pedal MultiKord....I had to have pedals after I heard Bud do "Slowly" with Webb Pierce. Any interest in this steel? It's mahogany mica! 8 & 5 Emmons set up or whatever you want....I know HT work on steels! and GFIs are great to work on. I just happen to like keyless. D10 $3000, 716-338-8641 Shipped in lower 48 or if you're a neighbor I'll deliver it! & you can see it & play it before the money changes hands!

Last edited by Doug Seymour on 11 Jan 2011 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Randy Brown

Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2010 12:16 pm    

Doug, glad to hear the tests came back with good results. Is the 12 string a single body or padded? I may be interested.... Pictures might also help on both of these guitars.

Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 30 Nov 2010 1:01 pm     S12 & D10 GFIs (keyless!)

Both steels are like new & I'll stand behind them! (I used to sit behind them) It doesn't do me any good any
more......can't pick like I used to......still love it though! I'm playing electric bass with the local Little Theater show "White Christmas" in the pit band. Can you imagine me struggling and all the way through school I always played treble clef so I can't read the bass part? Still faking it just like when Bobbe's Dad (Bob senior) was our band director! (till he moved south & took Bobbe with him!) (My brother let me get away with murder!) He was 10 years older & Bobbe is 10 years younger than I.

Larry Allen

Kapaa, Kauai,Hawaii
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2010 3:51 pm     Gfi

DOUG.......will you post a pic of the S-12....thanks, Larry

LaVern Skarzenski

North East,Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 5:18 pm    

Hi Larry, Here is a picture of the S-12 I believe. The setup may be different now.
LaVern

LaVern Skarzenski

Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 5:37 pm    

Here is a picture of the D-10 taken just today at Doug's. Sorry about the picture quality. My photography skills are almost as bad as my pedal steel playing.
LaVern

Here is one of the S-12 taken today. Again not very good pictures.

Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 2 Dec 2010 7:55 pm     GFI steels

How's that for a great buddy to drive to my place to get these pictures up on b0b's site? He's like another son for me! and a great one! I'll post my other stuff tomorrow......don't need all the old toys any more?

Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 6 Dec 2010 3:47 am     GFIs

Bump

Joe Miraglia

Jamestown N.Y.
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2010 5:46 pm    

I had a nice visit at Doug's place this afternoon,he has some great GFI steels . I'd like a S-12 for a second guitar but Mrs. Claus said I was a bad boy this year Crying or Very sad. Joe

Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 7 Dec 2010 4:54 am    

Thanks for coming over Joe & your post. Too bad Mrs Claus misjudged you or were you really a bad boy??

John Groover McDuffie

LA California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2010 12:05 pm    

Are the back legs adjustable on these? I can't see any "clutch" on them? Also, what is the weight of the S-12?

Thanks,

LaVern Skarzenski

Post  Posted 14 Dec 2010 12:46 pm    

Hi John,
Yes, the back legs on the GFIs, the two that I have owned, are adjustable with a threaded insert into the bottom of the leg and a knurled lock-nut to keep it in place. The foot actually screws into or out of the leg to change lengths. If you look at the pictures you will see the knurled nuts just above the rubber feet on the back legs. I don't really know how much adjustment, but I would say approximately an inch and a half, maybe two.
LaVern

Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 14 Dec 2010 12:54 pm     S12 & D10 GFIs (keyless!)

Hi John, The S12 weighs 30#.

Zachary Walters

Maryland
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2010 8:52 am    

Ooooh I was trying to get that keyless D-10 back in the Spring but I went with an all-black key-full version. I'm assuming that 3 of the 8 pedals/rods aren't attached in that pic? If it's still an 8x5, I may get back to you on this, Doug.

I'm happy to hear of your good health.

Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 15 Dec 2010 12:18 pm     S12 & D10 GFIs (keyless!)

The GFI S12 has been sold! D10 w/8&4 like new is still for sale. I am including a vertical knee my machinist buddy made for it.....so it's not a factory original, but designed like it.

Doug Seymour

Post  Posted 29 Dec 2010 7:31 am     GFI keyless D10

Hi folks, My D10 is still for sale and my son took lots of new pictures I can send interested buyers. My set up is on the steel right now, but I'll set it up standard or however you want within the limits of the parts I have. I bought it March 13th this year(2010) and two weeks later was diagnosed with cancer which has since been taken care of so now I'm cancer free, but still feel it's time for me to cut back on the toys! I need $3,500 and I'll include shipping to the lower 48! Give me a shout with questions? See my amp etc on that page.
Uncle Doug Seymour, 716-338-8641

Bill Joerger

Sunset Beach, NC USA
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2011 6:17 pm    

Doug,
Glad to hear all our prays were answered and they got that demon out. Sorry to hear you're cutting back, but us old timers eventually just got to do what we got to do. For those interested, it's a real smooth playing (like new) GFI D-10 Keyless that Doug has. I know cause it's the very one I sold him back in March. And he'll treat you right. A great guy to do business with. -Bill

Bob Vantine

Freeville, New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2011 9:55 pm    

TTT
Peavey Guitars