The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "This Train Is a Mean Train" Bishop R P Hall
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2010 6:03 pm    

Hello again my fellow steelers!
Here is my rendering of an old afro-american spiritual updated etc. Some of you folks might enjoy it, that is if you dont get run over by all of those steam trains blowing their whistles all over the place! Shocked Whoa! Laughing Again, that is me blowing the whistle on the steel guitar background,(forgive me, I always did love trains) and the other instruments. Winking Smile
Ron (Bishop Hall)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWVrAysOOQg

Last edited by Bishop Ronnie P Hall on 20 Oct 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wally Taylor

Hardin, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2010 9:45 pm    

Well, as the kids say today, THAT WAS AWESOME!! I remember that old song and I you really did a great job on it too. Loved the train whistles too.
Thanks for sharing, Sir...MY TEE FINE!!

Wally

Joe Cook

Lake Osoyoos, WA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2010 2:44 am    

I love your style (and tone) Bishop Hall! The octave run at 2:08 was fantastic. Such a great song.

CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2010 4:15 am    

Hi Bish Very Happy
you done real good again
on a hip tune too
well now, if that train don't take no sinners, they'll be plenty of room in the dining car huh ? Winking

David Hartley

Post  Posted 19 Oct 2010 9:55 pm     Hello Bishop Hall.

I was looking forward to that on the ipad this morning, but have to wait now until the PC's are switched on later. The reason being, the link isnt direct to your video, it takes me to your user page and, as good as apple ipad is, it wont open it. I think links directly to videos work better as more and more people use apple ipads, iphones and other portable devices. I will get to watch it later though.

Looking forward to it,
David

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2010 12:31 pm    

Hey Dave (Hartley)
Man O Man, what a mistake! Shocked Whoa! I`ve made the needed change. I Thank you my dear friend for bringing it to my attention! I only hope that this one might be worth the effort.
Thanks again my friend enjoy! (I hope!!! Confused Very Happy )
Ron (The Bishop)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWVrAysOOQg

Richard Damron

Gallatin, Tennessee, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2010 4:11 pm    

Bishop Ronnie -

For those folks who have never availed themselves of the opportunity to attend a good old-fashioned African-American church service I have but one thing to say: You've missed the boat, Bubba! The spirit, enthusiasm and devotion to the Lord is a thing of beauty and one to behold. How anyone, finding themselves in such a setting, cannot be swept up by the emotion and "get with the program" is beyond me.

Your YouTube postings bring back vivid memories of such experiences to this old soul and, although I may not respond to each and every offering, I, nonetheless view and listen to each and every one.

Now - if you REALLY want to tickle me - get four members of your choir to accompany you on any number of gospel favorites!

How's THAT for being a fan, Brother!

Respectfully,

Richard

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2010 6:38 pm    

Trains have been my infatuation since a youth in England. At that time there were only seven mainline diesels in the whole of Britain, so it was a world of steam. What with my love of trains and my love of folk music, and my love of Ronnie's playing, this video is a triple-whammy for me. Very Happy

Keep 'em coming, Ron, it's all great music. Cool Cool Cool

David Hartley

Post  Posted 20 Oct 2010 9:37 pm     Hi

Excellent playing as usual Bishop Hall. I love the tracks too, I assume you make them up as well. The train is heard a few times during the track. Thanks for this link, i can watch it on the ipad now.

Many Regards
David Hartley.

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Detroit, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2010 12:02 pm    

Hey Guys, and maybe a few of the ladies as well!
It is good to hear the encouraging words from all of you. It makes a has been, (or close to it!) Laughing
feel good.
My thanks to: Wally Taylor, Joe Cook,(the Bear man)Crowbear Schmitt, Dave Hartley,(Big Al)Alan Brookes, and Richard Damron. I have come to know, love, and respect "all" of you my brethren, very very much.
I`ve been reading all of your commentaries over the years, and months, on this forum, and I consider myself very blessed, and very fortunate to have met all of you through this medium of communication. And I feel somewhat accepted, even though I am un-able to "stretch" those strings like I used to. Never the less, I will keep on trying bring joy with what I "can" do. Thanks "Guys", and ladies, if you are there reading this. Be Blessed! Smile
Ron

Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2010 3:33 pm    

The feeling is reciprocated, brother Ronnie. It's our pleasure to be counted among your friends. Keep up the good work. Very Happy Winking