The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Merv Shiner's Wife Passes
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2010 2:05 am    

I was asked to post this for Merv (Merv had the million seller on "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" and now lives in Tampa, Florida).

"Shirley Shiner Beloved wife of County music great Merv Shiner..Their marriage of 38 years was a love story, I know of no other couple as devoted to one another as Merv and Shirley. May God welcome Shirley as she in on her final journey to be with the Lord and to someday be re-united with Country Music Great Merv a wonderful and dedicated husband...My heart goes out to Merv for his loss, Shirley passed on April 26th and was buried on May 6th in London Ontario...For those of you who knew Merv I ask for your sincere prayers to comfort Merv and those who didn't offer a silent prayer in memory of Shirley"

Ken Newman

maitland, Florida, /desmoines,ia
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2010 5:41 pm     merv shiner

jack, please be so kind as to pass on to merv condolences from the sleepy hollow newman family. friends from long ago. merv was always such a gentleman around us when we were kids.
he will always be part of our precious memories, kenny [son of pete and sophie newman]

Ken Newman

maitland, Florida, /desmoines,ia
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2010 3:18 pm     merv shiner

jack [and merv], your post was a glory to a couple of old dudes as merv called me day before yesterday and continued conversations holding many precious memories.
merv's memory and demeanor are acute and pleasant. thank you.