The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lost a Great Player - Jack Patty
Bob Kindy

Conroe, Texas USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 11:15 am    

Saturday night 6-12-10 at 10:20 PM we lost Jack Patty. Jack was a super picker but he wouldn't say so. Jack and Theresa was a dear friends. He fought a good fight.I will miss my friend. The Steel Giutar World has lost another real gentleman, picker and friend to all who knew him. Rest in peace Jack.

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 12:17 pm    

It is with deepest sorrow to hear of Jack's passing from my dear friend Bob Kindy. Jack was as good as they come on steel guitar. A great player, a super person, and a dear friend. I was going to visit Jack this week, but now he is gone. I urge everyone to visit your friends, as one day, as in my case, it will be too late. I can take comfort in knowing that one day I will see Jack again.May GOD bless, comfort, and keep his family always. Rest in peace my dear friend. I will see you down the road. Jody.

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 6:57 pm    

I didn't know of Jack, but the world becomes a little dimmer when another steel player passes away. RIP Jack.

Marty Holmes

Magnolia ,TX USA
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2010 11:12 pm    

Jack's viewing is from 9a to 10am Wenesday the 16th of June at the Smith funeral home off of w1097 in Willis,Tx.Exit the Willis exit off of I-45 coming from Houston.Take a left and go back over I-45 funeral home is about a mile on the left hand side.I am very fortunate to have been a part of Jack's life for the last 12 years.Jack was nothin short of a mere mortal bada$$ on a D-12 push pull Emmons with 9&8.Funeral will follow after the viewing at 10.

Last edited by Marty Holmes on 14 Jun 2010 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bobby Bowman

Cypress, Texas, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 8:10 pm     Jack

I think the viewing and servive is on Wednesday the 16'th.
BB

Marty Holmes

Magnolia ,TX USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2010 8:20 pm    

Bobby is correct it is on Wednesday i corrected it,thank you so much Bobby i love you dearly.As my dear friend Jody said tell those that mean the most to you how much you love them,you never know how long you will have them.

Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2010 7:32 am    

I never met Jack in person, but exchanged several emails with him a while back when he subbed a gig for me in the Houston area.

Sometimes written correspondence doesn't really allow a person's personality and spirit to come through, but it was clear to me that Jack was a true gentleman, and a genuine 'nice guy'. Admirably, he didn't seem to let his lingering illness affect his day to day outlook on life and living. You can't say much better about a person than that.

After the gig, the feedback I got from the band confirmed what I already suspected. Jack was an excellent musician, and a genuinely nice person.

My condolences to the family, and RIP Jack.

Tommy Detamore

Floresville, Texas
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2010 10:51 am    

I met Jack about six weeks ago at our show at the Aztec Theatre in San Antonio. He introduced himself to me but didn't mention that he played steel. He did say that years ago he played with Leon Payne, and I told him I knew Leon Payne Jr. quite well. He was a very nice man and I enjoyed talking with him very much. I am sad to hear of his passing.

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com

Brandon Ordoyne

Needville,Texas USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2010 3:40 pm    

My condolences to the family.

Brandon Ordoyne

pdl20

Benton, Ar . USA,
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2010 11:53 am    

My condolences to the family.Rest In Peace My fello Steel Player.
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.