The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  April Is The Cruelest Month
Peter Dollard

Post  Posted 8 Apr 2010 6:43 am    

I haven't posted in a long time. As to the title of this message it is from a T.S. Elliot poem about the arrival of spring and how it freezes the flowers after it tricks them into blooming. On April 6th 2004 a man got into a ultralight airplane and left us forever. The fact that he was an supreme steel stylist and a better motivator than Dale Carnegie makes the incident even more frustrating. I know Jeff loved flying but I loved him a lot more for what he gave the steel guitar world; I understand his motivation to do what he loved as a pastime but the fact that it took him from us seems somehow unacceptable and yet every year here it comes...Peter

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2010 7:44 am    

Hi Peter, My sentiments exactly. Jody.

Jeff Coffell

Killeen Texas
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2010 6:36 pm     J N

Amen. I miss him every day. What a man. What a player. What a teacher. God got a good one that day.

Jeff C

Wayne Cox

Chatham, Louisiana, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2010 7:36 am    

It would be no exaggeration to say that Jeff Newman lived each day to the fullest, but the truly amazing thing is how he did it;with a smile on his face and love in his heart for his fellow man! A lot of us miss him.
~~W.C.~~

Bill Moran

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2010 4:57 pm    

Great person ! Hope I'm blessed to see him again. Smile

Sonny Priddy

Elizabethtown, Kentucky, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2012 12:05 pm     Jeff Newman.

Bill We Will All See Jeff And All The Others Who Have Left Us Some Day. REV: 20. Sonny.

Bob Martin

Madison Tn
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2012 1:01 pm     Re: Jeff Newman.

Sonny Priddy wrote:
Bill We Will All See Jeff And All The Others Who Have Left Us Some Day. REV: 20. Sonny.

Wonderful Testimony Sonny, I hope all that read your post and were grieving for Jeff and all others that have gone on before us were able to take a few minutes to read the scripture you referred to it is very comforting. I was not fortunate enough to know Jeff personally but his spirt and music is still alive and well and Jeff is waiting to see all of his old friends that are still living in this old world!! Also just by the way folks speak of him here on the forum when his name comes up it's very obvious his spirit is alive and influencing many of his old friends here on the forum!

When Jesus comes to get us when that final Trumpet blows we will all get to see Jeff and reminisce with him or like me shake hands for the first time oh what a beautiful day that will be!!! To quote one of my favorite old hymns "When we all get to Heaven we'll jump and shout for victory"

Big Bob