The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Buddy Bryant passes away
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2009 6:27 am    

Carrie
It's good to know you're doing better in the wake of this tragedy. I have much regret that last minute obligations kept me from Big Guy's funeral.

And of course I'm so glad that I got the opportunity to spend the Monday afternoon post-TSGA with all of the great pickers and friends that assembled there at the farm. I will cherish that memory.

Don't lose contact with us, dear one. You're part of the family. I'll track ya at one of the shows and hug your neck, okay? Wink

As Jody Sanders would say "see ya down the road."

Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2009 9:07 am    

Carrie, we're glad you are doing better. We love you and like Herb Steiner said "you are part of our family" and we want you to be with us as much as possible.
We love ya,
...Roy and Barbara

Carrie Horn

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2009 7:24 pm     My Granddad

Today marks one month since I saw my Granddaddy last and thursday the 7th marks one month since he passed away. I had a relapse today when I realized a month has already went by. I'm still in a daze. Even though everybody reassures me in emails and phone calls that it will get easier, I still feel like giving up. Nothing feels right anymore. One step forward and two steps back. We have our family reunion coming up in two weeks. I'm not sure I will be able to handle it.
Anyway, I plan to be at the June meeting in Dallas. I hope seeing everybody will help.
Herb, I look forward to seeing you so I can get that hug. I could use it.
Roy and Barbara, thank you. I know I probably won't get to see you again till March but know that I think of ya'll often. It's nice to have such wonderful friends.

Hope to see everybody soon.
Love,
Smile Carrie Crying or Very sad

Darrell Hodges

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2009 7:58 pm    

Carrie, I'm glad that you are getting better and relapses only remind us of the love that your granddaddy shared with us. He has made a lasting impression on me in the short time that I knew him. Even though he constantly told me that he liked me but he liked my wife better.javascript:emoticon('Smile')
Just hang in there and if there is anything we can do please contact us!!!

Love Ya,
Darrell & Lori

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 May 2009 8:09 pm    

Hi Carrie, I sure miss Buddy also. Our telephone conversations were a lot of fun, not to mention the things we talked about at the show. I am depending on you to help me at next years show. Louie will be there with us. Love you, Jody.

Merrill & Vangie Fich

Yuma, Az.
Post  Posted 5 May 2009 8:25 pm    

Carrie, remember you have a great big steel guitar family that is surrounding you with love, friendship and prayers. Stay close to Jesus, and one of these days we'll all be together again in Heaven.

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2009 5:15 am     Buddy Bryant

He was a good man and will be missed.

Carrie Horn

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2009 9:32 pm    

Hi, Everybody,

I was just sitting here thinking about all of you and of course of my Granddad. It's been 12 weeks, 3 days, and 15 minutes since Granddad passed. Every minute that goes by is still torture. Sometimes I think it must be unnatural that I still feel so lost, that he had this deep a hold on me. I dreamed of him the other night, he came to me and told me to hurry up and come on because he's getting tired of waiting for me. I'd still go in a heartbeat if it was up to me. I can't seem to find any meaning to my life.
I went to the meeting in Dallas on June 14th. I handled it pretty well, I think. I got to see Debbie and Albert and Roy and Sally. And Kay, and the Kellers, and David Wright and everybody. It made a world of difference to see you guys. Thank you for all ya'lls kind words and friendship. I don't know what I'd do without ya.
Well I guess I'll go for now. I just wanted to tell everybody hello. Please keep in touch. I haven't heard from anybody in over a month and just had to write.

Love you all and STILL missing my Granddaddy,
Carrie Sad

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2009 9:55 pm    

Hi Carrie, You are right. No one can ever replace your Grandad. I believe he would want you to have a good life and he will be up there watching over you. I will always help you any way I can. Love you, Jody.

Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2009 5:52 am    

Carrie I'm here for you if you need a pal to chat with, any time. I love your grandpa and just knowing I'll see him again makes me feel better about it.
Here's my email and phone number if you need it.

480-986-2599

fredsmusic@q.com

Jerry Lee Newberry

Prim, AR USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2009 5:58 am    

Hang in there Carrie. Hopefully things will get easier with time. I think of him too. I have his picture on my computer and it flashes up every once in a while. He was a good man & I know you must miss him a lot. Hope you find a way to fill the void in your life or at least a way to bare it.

Donna

Carrie Horn

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2009 2:53 pm    

Hello My Friends,

I just wanted to say hi to everybody. Not much going on here. Still missing Granddad very much. He visits me in my dreams all the time. In just about every one of them he's telling me to "hurry up and come on" cause he's tired of waiting for me. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
So anyway, I hope all is well with each of you. I think of ya'll all the time. Gets me through the day.
One good thing that's happening these days is that I can talk about Granddad and some of the crazy things we used to do and I can laugh instead of cry. But boy do I still miss him horribly. He was my soul mate.
I guess I'll go. Let me hear from ya. I miss you all. Keep in touch.
Carrie

John Lang

Las Vegas, Nevada
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2009 6:25 am    

Carrie, I think about your granddad every time I play the wonderful guitar that he sold me. I'll never forget meeting you all when Buddy invited me to my first TSGA Jamboree, how nice you were to me, and above all, how happy Buddy was when I came back to TSGA the following years to play at his talent night with the Fender.

Your granddad lives on through the great friends and family he had, the steel guitar community, and above all the wonderful music that he helped us all participate in and share, no matter what our level of ability might be. I'm glad to have had Buddy as a friend.

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2009 12:34 pm    

Hi Carrie, Hang in there girl. You can be sure GrandPa Buddy will be with us at the Dallas Show next year. He will probably play all kinds of tricks on us. Love you sweetie and I will see you in Dallas. Jody.

Carrie Horn

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2009 5:20 pm    

Hello everybody. I was just sitting here and thought I would write to see how you all are doing.
Yesterday marked the seven month anniversary of Granddad's passing. I handled it quite well. I also just heard yesterday of Leon Chambers' passing. I don't get the newsletter so I'm always out of the loop. It's sad how we are losing all our great musical talents. I didn't know Leon personally but I know there's people who loved him and will miss him like I love and miss my Granddad. I know exactly how that feels. I don't think my heart has healed one ounce but I'm doing a little better as each day passes. It's a comfort (to me) knowing that each day that does pass is a day closer to being reunited with Granddad, although it'll never happen as fast as I'd like it to.
I miss you all and I am looking forward to seeing you again someday. I know the Christmas party is coming up but I don't know when. I did get an email asking was I coming and bringing the BBQ. I bet Granddad will get a kick out of that. Anyway, please keep in touch. It brightens my dull, dreary days.
Love you all,
Carrie Smile

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2009 7:22 pm    

Hi Carrie. So nice to hear from you.Hang in there. I love you and hope to see you in March next year. Jody. (PS The TSGA Christmas Party will be the second Sunday in December)

Carrie Horn

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2009 7:22 pm    

Thanks Jody, I love you for sticking with me. Your responses mean so much to me. I hope you are going to be at the christmas party. I need to see you.
It's so funny how I sometimes think about how Granddad would respond to certain things. Like today, for example, I went to church and one of our Elders' grandbaby was going to be blessed. This baby's daddy was wearing a baseball cap and wore it through the entire service and blessing. I swear I could Granddad raising cain about it. I had a nice little chuckle about it. He would have had to say something to this young man. And of course I would have been right behind him telling him to mind his own business. He would have threatened me with a whipping and I would have said whatever. I miss our bickering.
We get together the last friday of every month and have dinner as a family as a way to honor Granddaddy. It's a nice time but it's also sad because we don't talk about him. Sometimes i think it pointless.
Sometimes I can smell his aftershave and I know he's near. I know he watches over me, I can sense it. (Am I crazy??)
Jody,(and everybody) I want to thank you for your patience and understanding. I sometimes think you all must think I'm never going shut up about missing Granddad. And that I'm just going on and on about never getting over this. But how do you turn it off?? Is it possible that some sort of normalcy will return to my life?? I don't know how to move on. I'm stuck.
Well, I better go. I plan to be at the christmas party. So see ya there.

Love you all.
Carrie

Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2009 8:38 pm    

Hi Carrie, You are not alone. Everyone who attended a TSGA Show in the past knew and loved your Grand dad and we all miss him too. Hope to be at the Christmas party. Love you, Jody.